v4.02 driver problem still with Windows 11

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards.
Semrush [Bot]

v4.02 driver problem still with Windows 11

Post by Semrush [Bot] »

The new driver "Nord Keyboards Driver Installer v4.02.zip" still does not work with Windows 11 (supposedly Win 11 compatible), especially since we have been waiting for it since the release of Windows 11, it's more than annoying !
Always with the same Windows 11 kernel integrity problem.

For keyboards mainly intended for the stage (therefore in the professional environment) this is not serious on their part.

Does anyone have the reason for all this or a hypothesis?
Beemer2
Great Britain

Re: v4.02 driver problem still with Windows 11

Post by Beemer2 »

To me it appears that Nord does not want to update its driver to circumvent Microsoft's Windows 11 memory protection. I fixed the issue by disabling memory protection. Search for 'Profiles' in the registry and change the value from 1 to 0. This will allow the Nord driver to install. If you subsequently update the driver you will need to repeat the registry change.
AussieBruce

Post by AussieBruce »

That's too drastic a fix for me. I can't believe that Nord is not addressing this on a priority basis, having musical people make registry changes to make their standard commodity software work is not on. Anyway, thanks for posting this, I was about to post my own experience. At least I know what's going on.
cookie
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX
France

Post by cookie »

I do agree that having to modify the registry is not the obvious/standard solution.
Not having this fixed in this new release of the driver is clearly disappointing to say the least !
Fred
Semrush [Bot]

Post by Semrush [Bot] »

On https://www.nordkeyboards.com/downloads ... nd-manager
"The installer will run on 64-bit versions of Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 and will by default install both the v3.x driver as well as the v4.x Nord Keyboards Driver, which is required for compatibility with Nord Grand 2"

> I had never seen this installing 2 drivers at the same time, I don't understand anything about it anymore.
Last edited by Semrush [Bot] on 23 Apr 2024, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.