different presets on different layers problem

Share your complete Nord Stage 4 programs/patches including sample sets used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.
hordur
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3
Iceland

different presets on different layers problem

Post by hordur »

Hi everyone! I am having a bit trouble when I want to put a preset from the preset library to another layer. For example: when I set a specific preset from the library to 'Layer A' of the organ, everything works as expected. However, the problem arises when I attempt to set a different preset to 'Layer B'. Instead of applying the new preset to 'Layer B', the system reverts back to 'Layer A' and changes the preset there.
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Germany

Re: different presets on different layers problem

Post by FZiegler »

Organ presets seem to be a bit special as much as I understood. See nord-stage-forum-f3/ns4-possible-bug-no ... 23902.html

I'm not sure if this is already an answer for you.
These users thanked the author FZiegler for the post:
hordur
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Italy

Post by maxpiano »

+1 on FZiegler, that is probably the reason, Organ presets on NS4 seem to include the full configuration of Organ section, i.e both layers, in each preset.
Last edited by maxpiano on 20 Jun 2023, 08:57, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post:
hordur
SuperStage
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3
Canada

Post by SuperStage »

maxpiano wrote:+1 on FZiegler, that is probably the reason, Organ presets on NS4 seem to include the full configuration of Organ section, i.e both layers, in each preset.
This is correct. Only one organ preset can be loaded at a time as it only has 1 effect section unlike the piano and synth sections which have separate effects for each part which allows presets to be loaded into each part independantly.
SuperStage

Vancouver, Canada
Nord Stage 4 Compact, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Nord Electro 5D, Korg D-1, 1959 Hammond B3, 1965 Leslie 122A
Patschi
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4
Germany

Post by Patschi »

Can't you copy the loaded preset to the secondl layer and then load another preset to the first layer?