10 Rules for the Nord User Forum
Guidelines for the forum
1. Please use the Search function prior to post a question. Many questions have already been asked, and probably already been answered.
2. Please use a title that clearly indicates your question or problem. You are also kindly asked to write in a respectful manner and write using correct grammar and spelling.
3. A valid email address has to be given when registering. Users are not allowed to have more than one account. Spammers are not tolerated.
4. Discriminatory, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated postings, illegal content or links, and "forum trolling" are not permitted on this Forum. In particular, refrain from using this language. The language of this forum is English. Double posts - posting the same question in two different topics, even in different forums - are not allowed.
5. Promoting illegal or unauthorized copies of another person's copyrighted work such as computer software, copyrighted music or samples is not tolerated
6. What samples can I upload? (Licensing and Copyrights)
- Users that upload samples need to ensure that they are legally allowed to share those files. Please indicate how you obtained your samples.
- Using commercial sample libraries or resampling virtual instruments (VSTis) and sharing the samples might be prohibited by the vendor or creator.
- Hardware Keyboards, Synths or ROMplers and natural instruments are typically allowed to be resampled and freely distributed.
- Samples from original recordings should not exceed one bar in length per sample.
- In all cases you are responsible to ensure to only upload files that are based on material that you have obtained legally.
- All samples uploaded on this forum must be provided for free on this website to members and guests. This right includes using them as basis for your own sounds and distributing and sharing them for free when the original
creator is given credit for. If you want to sell your samples/patches, rule No. 7 applies. The license attached is the
- Programs, Patches and Samples downloaded from this website are NOT allowed to be sold neither as an individual sample nor as part of a sample collection.
- If violations of copyrights, licenses or other third party rights are detected, moderators will delete the uploaded files.
7. Any advertisements, business related posts etc. are allowed only in the special Buy&Sell Section. All Sales or trade propositions are allowed only there. Exception: advertising or promoting a particular product that might be of interest for members of this forum are allowed to be posted only ONCE every 30 days by any user. In general, it needs to be kept in a non-intrusive way.
8. If violations against one or more of these rules occur, the thread/post may be edited or deleted by the Moderators. Warnings may be issued for the concerned user, and are erased after three months. If violations are continued, considered severe, or a user has been warned three or more times, the concerned user may be banned for one month from the forum or permanently for recurrent violations. Violations of rule No.5 or rule No.3 clause 3 can lead to a permanent ban ("One Click Ban") or the deletion of the user account. If your username, e-mail address or IP have been blacklisted on some spam protection websites, your first post on this forum might be subject to a moderator's approval.
9. In case a user feels treated unfair he/she may contact the board administrator. It will be the administrator's decision either to revoke or to keep warnings or bannings.
About this Forum
About this Forum
Our goal is to provide a community for Nord Keyboards users or people interested in them. Also, free sharing of programs and samples to be used with Nord instruments is encouraged on this website. All members of this forum including the team (Admins and Mods) are working on this forum during their spare time. All have a real life to live with priorities as there are family, job, studies/school, and more private obligations. All team members are working hard to provide support and assistance as fast as possible. Above this, the forum has a considerable amount of experienced users, who provide excellent support. Many thanks for that!
In order to keep the team members doing their job in the forum and fellow members sharing their knowledge and experiences with fun, we kindly remind you to follow certain rules specified in this FAQ.
This forum is a non-profit community. Running expenses for domain, server, traffic, and maintenance are paid for by the founder, through donations from members, and through advertisements for guests and inactive members (<5 posts).
What technologies are used on this website?
The websites of this forum use several web services and technologies including Google Analytics statistics software, Google AdSense for advertisements, and a board cookie for registered members to facilitate repeated logins.
I have problems with posting, the login or other technical questions, where can I get some help?
Check out the general FAQ of the PHPBB Forum on which this community is built.
How can I find new or recent posts?
You can use RSS/ATOM Feeds:
or use the various icons of threads:
- Sticky topic
- Read topic
- Unread topic
- Read topic that you have posted in
- Unread topic that you have posted in
- Hot topic (more than 10 posts)
- Locked topic
- Moved topic
- Go to last post in the topic
- Go to last unread post in the topic