This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: Should I upgrade from my Nord Classic

Postby catosim » 25 Nov 2020, 10:07

I did go the way from NS Classic to NS3 (skipped the NS2). Honestly I struggled to be content with my NS Classic despite I had for several years.
When I finally invested in the new NS3, it was a whole new world. The synth-engine was so more powerful, and of course the sample section.
The NS 3 brought new life to the sound sculpting again. Also the piano section with lots of space for several pianos is a big advantage.
I would skip the NS2, not because it's a bad instrument but because of its age. Maybe if Nord releases NS 3EX soon, it'll affect the price of the NS 3?
Also I use several other synths and soft-synths. Nevertheless it's very convenient to be able to bring just one instrument to a gig, and still be able to get very complex soundings.
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland JD08, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B

The author catosim was thanked by:
Berretje
catosim

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Should I upgrade from my Nord Classic

Sponsor

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum