This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Piano sounds are off and factory reset didn't work.

Postby ltdandan » 02 Aug 2020, 20:57

I'm not sure what's happening. Most of my piano sounds are coming through with weird effects while nothing is turned on to effect the sound and all my electric piano sounds aren't coming through at all. I got fed up and did a factory reset but nothing changed.

Any ideas?
ltdandan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Piano sounds are off and factory reset didn't work.

Sponsor

Re: Piano sounds are off and factory reset didn't work.

Postby lawman » 03 Aug 2020, 08:49

Since you've already done a factory reset (a/k/a restore), presumably you've already downloaded and saved that entire large file into your computer, thereby depleting that much available computer memory. Accordingly, it should cost you nothing to try the full restore function again (and again if necessary - when I have to reboot anything, the first attempt doesn't always work). Before you do that, though, make sure you are using your instrument's current OS and the current version of Nord Sound Manager. You might have to try re-installing those programs as well. Good luck!
lawman

Postby maxpiano » 03 Aug 2020, 08:55

As lawman suggested, I would try first to update/reload the latest firmware, then redo the Factory Restore (using the latest Nord Sound Manager).
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby anotherscott » 03 Aug 2020, 20:18

ltdandan wrote:I'm not sure what's happening. Most of my piano sounds are coming through with weird effects while nothing is turned on to effect the sound and all my electric piano sounds aren't coming through at all. I got fed up and did a factory reset but nothing changed.

Any ideas?

possibly headphones with a flakey adapter.
anotherscott

Postby cphollis » 04 Aug 2020, 00:07

As @anotherscott said, perhaps a flaky headphone adapter. It turns out that there were a huge bunch of these dropped into the market a few years back, and they're still around. It happened to me. Basically, you get phase cancellation as a result, so APs sound "strange", mono EPs don't come through at all, etc.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Return to General Nord Forum