This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Microtonal - micro tuning - sample/midi options

Postby cleito » 10 Nov 2019, 21:29

I was looking into microtonal music/instruments, and was thinking how to get to it using the nord I have (NS2)
The scale I am interested is the werckmeister 3, and after reading somethings, the option I found was to use the sample section and get the sample for each key individually with the frequency (hz) I want.
I have not done it yet because I think for a piano sound would be a big file size, even if only for 5 octaves, and also the sample would not have the quality of the nord pianos in the piano section.
So, I know there are vst's that can be micro tuned but I don't know how to use that with a good piano vst.
But the thing I want to know if it's possible is, can I connect the NS2 to a computer using midi, send the keys signal to a microtonal vst to get the adjustment that I want and make it send back the midi signal to the NS2 and the piano sound be from the NS2 and the sound be micro tuned?
:keyboard:
cleito

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Microtonal - micro tuning - sample/midi options

Sponsor

Re: Microtonal - micro tuning - sample/midi options

Postby anotherscott » 10 Nov 2019, 22:17

cleito wrote:But the thing I want to know if it's possible is, can I connect the NS2 to a computer using midi, send the keys signal to a microtonal vst to get the adjustment that I want and make it send back the midi signal to the NS2 and the piano sound be from the NS2 and the sound be micro tuned?

I doubt it. As far as I know, the Nord doesn't support microtuning, and if that ability has not been built into the keyboard, MIDI can't change that, MIDI Note On commands do not include pitch tuning for each note.

This article may help: https://www.midi.org/articles-old/micro ... on-systems
anotherscott

Return to General Nord Forum