General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Program change over USB MIDI?

Postby maxpiano » 16 Sep 2019, 22:15

cookie wrote:Thanks MaxPiano.

The thing is I never succeeded in controlling the NS from the K using USB, therefore using the MIDI IN port on the NS to get the K play the NS.

Fred

Probably Kronos only accepts MIDI "inputs" (controllers) on its USB Host port :roll:

PS: Kronos 1.5 OS releas notes report "For more details, see “USB MIDI controllers” on page 1144 of the Parameter Guide." where I read "(...)In general, USB MIDI controllers can be used just like normal MIDI controllers connected to the standard MIDI In(...)", which confirms the above.

If the keytar has USB MIDI (or you can use a USB MIDI interface cable) you may connect it to the Kronos, instead of the NS2, and have the Kronos route its data to the NS2 (connected via MIDI DIN). If not --> MIDI Merge box
Last edited by maxpiano on 16 Sep 2019, 22:27, edited 6 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby cookie » 16 Sep 2019, 22:25

3 USB ports : 2 type-A and 1 type-B, Linux machine, flagship... but no luck in trying to optimize what I thought would be an additional 16 MIDI channel on a single port !
Extremely disappointed, even no Midi Soft Thru on the K.

Again, I love my NS, sooooo simple with the External module. Easy config of MIDIx or USBx.

Will have to have an additional MIDI merger to combine the K MIDI OUT + the AX MIDI THRU on the K to control the NS MIDI IN.
USB only NS to K :(

Fred
cookie
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum