Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Different outputs

Postby Payback1 » 24 Feb 2018, 20:10

The volume on my pianos and organs in the E5D61 are totally different. The organ patches are extremely louder than the APs.Is there anyway to route the pianos and organs where I can equalize the volumes.I use a smalll Yamaha mixer. I hope this makes sense!
Payback1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Different outputs

Sponsor

Re: Different outputs

Postby anotherscott » 24 Feb 2018, 20:51

You can send Upper and Lower out the separate audio out jacks (each in mono), which you could run into the mixer to get quick volume controls for each. If you routinely use one for a given kind of sound (i.e. always play piano through upper, organ through lower), that could conceivably get you still closer to what you want. But also check the controls available to you on the board. A saved Program can have its volume saved as part of the Program, by using the Gain knob on the upper right of the panel. So if your problem is occurring when you switch between piano Programs and organ Programs, you can address that by decreasing the Gain on the piano Programs and/or increasing the Gain on the organ Programs. If the problem is a mismatch when you have a Piano and an Organ split/layered in the same Program, you can adjust their relative volumes with the Part Mix knob in the center.
anotherscott

Postby Tasten-Bert » 25 Feb 2018, 11:59

Might have to do with touch sensitivity. By default the organ is set to "no touch sensitivity" as there ain't on the real Hammond whereas the pianos are sensitiv. So if you mostly play at low key pressures the difference in volumes may occur quite big. Sunny regards from CrazySilverMedalIceHockeyGermany
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Meister-Lampe » 25 Feb 2018, 12:03

Also this might be by design. The more drawbars you pull out, the louder an organ gets. You can use the expression pedal to compensate for that effect.
Meister-Lampe

Postby mlblackburn1 » 11 Aug 2018, 23:02

A Program contains all the settings for all of the available parameters, including sound engines
and sound processing effects, for both Parts regardless of whether both Parts are active within
the Program. Output volume of each Program is controlled using the GAIN knob. This value is
also stored within the Program, allowing adjustment of relative volumes between Programs.

Question: Does the gain knob control output level for part upper and part lower separately? If so, how do you you do that? Thanks
mlblackburn1

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby fieldflower » 11 Aug 2018, 23:28

I've found that setting the pianos to max touch sensitivity makes the pianos pretty equal to organ in volume.
fieldflower
Patch Creator

Postby Meister-Lampe » 14 Aug 2018, 04:05

mlblackburn1 wrote:Question: Does the gain knob control output level for part upper and part lower separately? If so, how do you you do that? Thanks

The gain knob controls the overall volume of the program. You can use the part mix knob to control the relative volume of the upper and lower part.
Meister-Lampe

Return to Nord Electro Forum