Nord Lead 2X LFO, Gain, Pulse widht Issues.

Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions
alexis
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x
Chile

Nord Lead 2X LFO, Gain, Pulse widht Issues.

Post by alexis »

Hi everyone, i bought a used Nord Lead 2 X, and randomly appears a modulation, the LFO 2 its off, but when i turn down to zero the LFO 1 Amount, it keeps modulating. With Amounto to zero i move the rate pot, and the rate change can be heard. I put the synth in the "pot Mode (Shift + Wave LFO1)" and the numbers on the display randomly jumps.
Another Issue is with the Gain pot, it has a kind of noise when it moves, and the variation of volume between Min and Max position it's very poor.
The Pulse widht thing is, that pot is working like the volumen pot, in the past i had another Nord Lead 2X, and i remember that control just work with the pulse (square) wave, but in this one, it work with any kind of wave. I'm sure to change the wave shape from the LFO's 1 and 2.

What could it be? the randm jump in the display on Pot Mode could be any of these 3 controls?
How difficult could be change the potentiometers? and would be this the solution?

help me please.

Cheers.-
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Italy

Re: Nord Lead 2X LFO, Gain, Pulse widht Issues.

Post by maxpiano »

Hello Alexis ad welcome to NUF,

yes probably pots are dirty (and need cleaning, with specific pot cleaner spray) or having som other HW failure (internal resistance/contact deteriorated) and in that case they need replacement, which require good desoldering/soldering skills.
Last edited by maxpiano on 05 Apr 2024, 18:05, edited 4 times in total.