loading a backup from a Nord Piano 5

Share your complete Nord Stage programs/patches for the Nord Stage CLASSIC and EX!
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.
joshuanesbit
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Great Britain

loading a backup from a Nord Piano 5

Post by joshuanesbit »

Currently on a gig abroad and theyve given me a Stage EX and trying to load my snapshot backup from my piano 5. is this possible
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Germany

Re: loading a backup from a Nord Piano 5

Post by FZiegler »

No. A backup from a Piano 5 will only load on a Piano 5 (73 or 88 keys).

You can extract the samples and piano samples out of the backup just by renaming it to a ZIP file. But that's all. No programs transferable.

If it's really a Stage EX, it won't even play samples through the synth engine at all - only organ, pianos and synth. A Stage 2 EX will do.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
joshuanesbit
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Great Britain

Re: loading a backup from a Nord Piano 5

Post by joshuanesbit »

on this topic with the backup from piano 5 - anyone know why they appear with a blank icon on my computer? any backup I do from my stage has the proper nord archive icon yet the piano 5 is just a plain white one?