Baba O’ Riley Program on the Stage 4

Share your complete Nord Stage 4 programs/patches including sample sets used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.
AustinDeVone
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
United States of America

Baba O’ Riley Program on the Stage 4

Post by AustinDeVone »

I saw that there are samples and programs to play Baba O’Riley on the Stage 3 but not the Stage 4. When I tried to download the Stage 3 programs/samples to the Stage 4, it says that it is not compatible with the Stage 4. Has anyone created this for the Stage 4 or found a way to convert this Stage 3 program/sample to the Stage 4? FYI, the Stage 4 is my first Nord product, (given that it was just released, I am naturally very new to Nord systems and how this works) so any help or advice is VERY appreciated.
-Austin
These users thanked the author AustinDeVone for the post:
therammusic
catosim
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3
Norway

Re: Baba O’ Riley Program on the Stage 4

Post by catosim »

Hello, and welcome to the forum.
The samples will convert automatically a Stage 4 compatible sample, simply by dragging ing a sample in the Nord Sound Manager (you'll need the lates version 7.82).
The program itself isn't compatible with the Nord Stage 4, that has a different synth engine than the Stage 3.
No one of the the Stage-models can share programs between the different model, due too the technical differences.
You can try this tool: https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-stag ... m%20viewer
This gives you the possibility to view the settings of a Stage 3 program, and then manually recreate the program on your Stage 4.
These users thanked the author catosim for the post (total 3):
WannitBBBad, Santo ferlito, AustinDeVone
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland Jupiter X, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B, Virus Snow
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
United States of America

Post by WannitBBBad »

Hello, and welcome to the Forum! Using the link to the program viewer noted by catosim, it should be very easy for you to recreate the program for the Nord Stage 4. Set up a three-part keyboard split. The intro sample is on a bottom split, a grand piano is in the middle, and the 32nd notes are on the top split. Please post your results! Good luck to you!
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 30 May 2024, 14:11, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author WannitBBBad for the post:
AustinDeVone
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
therammusic
United States of America

Post by therammusic »

I'll try to recreated it and share the Nord Stage 4 program today. These nord keyboards are like having a spaceship in the band.