Stage 3 as lower keyboard for HX3 organ

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
Schorsch
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Stage 3 as lower keyboard for HX3 organ

Post by Schorsch »

Hi,

I got a HX3 organ with one keybed which I want to add to my Stage 3 Compact, and use the Stage 3 as the lower keyboard for some songs.

The way to do this is obviously to use the extern section of one panel and set the midi channel of the extern section to the one of the lower keyboard on the HX3, say for example Midi channel 2.

My question is now, will the Stage 3 still send the notes through its global midi channel as well, or will it just go through the channel of the extern section if none of the three sound engines are enabled for this panel?
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Stage 3 as lower keyboard for HX3 organ

Post by maxpiano »

Schorsch wrote: 15 May 2024, 18:05 Hi,

I got a HX3 organ with one keybed which I want to add to my Stage 3 Compact, and use the Stage 3 as the lower keyboard for some songs.

The way to do this is obviously to use the extern section of one panel and set the midi channel of the extern section to the one of the lower keyboard on the HX3, say for example Midi channel 2.

My question is now, will the Stage 3 still send the notes through its global midi channel as well, or will it just go through the channel of the extern section if none of the three sound engines are enabled for this panel?
If the Global Channel is set afaik the NS3 will output notes to it even if no section is active.