Help! NS4 Display Problems

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
Satomy
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Italy

Help! NS4 Display Problems

Post by Satomy »

Hi everyone, as the title suggests, I discovered by chance that I have a problem with the display of my NS4, apparently when I use a more complex program/preset, so with all the sound engines turned on, the central display starts acting up , to go intermittently or even to turn off completely, it's as if it doesn't have enough power (I'm speaking as a layman), all of this happens when I use multiple engines on. I attach the link below to see a video demonstrating the problem encountered.
I ask all NS4 owners to be able to verify that they have the same problem, thanks.
Here is the link to the video: https://app.box.com/s/hs8qet8g1xs9fi2dge3ff5x4jggzzetz
Satomy
Italy

Re: Help! NS4 Display Problems

Post by Satomy »

good morning, is there any NS4 owner who has been able to check if they have this problem?
LUISVL4D
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1
Portugal

Post by LUISVL4D »

Hi, I have a Nord Stage 4 and don't have this problem... Send the keyboard to warranty.

Regards Luís Fernandes
These users thanked the author LUISVL4D for the post:
Satomy
Nord Stage 4 Compact
Nord Lead A1
Valpurgis
Norway

Post by Valpurgis »

My NS4 Compact synth display went all black while I was playing. Been away for several weeks for fix under warranty. Bought early April 2023.
These users thanked the author Valpurgis for the post:
Satomy
Satomy
Italy

Post by Satomy »

Valpurgis wrote: 13 May 2024, 17:23 My NS4 Compact synth display went all black while I was playing. Been away for several weeks for fix under warranty. Bought early April 2023.
Hi, today I'm going for assistance, I just hope I don't wait, I'll try to get the repair done, I have some concerts and I wouldn't know what to do without the NS4. In your case, did it turn off and stay off all the time? Did you know what the problem was? faulty display, or something to do with the power supply, or something else?
Valpurgis
Norway

Post by Valpurgis »

It turned off permanently while I was playing, everything else worked as normal. As it is still under repair I yet have no info of the background of the fault.
cphollis
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5
United States of America

Post by cphollis »

The video was helpful. It looks like an internal ribbon cable (or cables) might have come loose during shipment.

If you're comfortable opening up your keyboard, it's a 30 second fix to snug everything down, as you would in a computer. Similar things would happen on the NS3 for some users.
I think I have gear issues ....
Satomy
Italy

Post by Satomy »

Hi everyone, I'll update you on my NS4. Luckily everything was resolved, my NS4 came home, they changed a cable connected to the CPU motherboard, now everything works normally!
Thank you all for the moral support!