searching for Expresso & Tschianti - Josh

Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.
Wiesel84
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

searching for Expresso & Tschianti - Josh

Post by Wiesel84 »

Dear sound experts

after visiting this Forum for years and using many of the helpful threads, I finally have a new request.

Our band want's to play the song Expresso & Tschianti (video below) and I am trying to find some similar sound on my nord stage 3.
In the song there are 2 different sounds. The single-note sounds work fine with a Metallophone sample.
But I have absolutely no clue how to create the basic chords (the first sound in the video that can be heared after the drums). There seems to be some echo in it. So I tried some digital keyboard with layers, combined with Wa-Wa effect or delays. But nothing came even close to the original sound.

Any help is highly appriciated.

Best Regards
Chris

analogika
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: searching for Expresso & Tschianti - Josh

Post by analogika »

From a very quick listen on iPhone speaker in a crowded tour bus:
That’s a Hammond. Probably all drawbars on 0, maybe a few pulled a bit or so. Third percussion normal, slow. Leslie on fast. Lots of reverb.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio