Sample Editor to Electro4 "Download Error"

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
NordinaryDay
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4
Canada

Sample Editor to Electro4 "Download Error"

Post by NordinaryDay »

Hello Nord Forum!

First time using the Nord Sample Editor (v4.20) here - I spent the morning sampling my old pump organ and putting it all together nicely in the editor software (screenshot attached) and it seems all good to go but when i hit "SAVE AND TRANSFER TO NORD" i get a "Download error" message.

There is no other information as to what type of error it is, so i've tried the usual things i could think of: ensured there is enough room on the Electro (sample is only 3.1MB and 25.6MB free on the nord); ensured the sample is in the correct NSMP 2 format; ensured my electro firmware is up to date; restarted the program, the electro, the computer; tried importing the recordings into the sample editor at different formats (24/48, 16/44.1, mono, stereo) - nothing seems to defeat this error message and get the samples onto my rig.

I don't see much about this out there so thought i would post this in the hopes someone has seen this before, can tell me what silly thing i'm overlooking, and can help us get these sweet samples onto the keyboard for the tour in a couple weeks.

Thanks all!
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screen Shot 2023-09-16 at 14.23.17.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 930 times
Schorsch
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3
Germany

Re: Sample Editor to Electro4 "Download Error"

Post by Schorsch »

Hi and welcome here,

your could try one more thing: disconnect the Electro from your computer, then just save the sample to your computer in .nsmp format.

After that, close Sample Editor, connect the Electro, and start Nord Sound MANAGER and try to load the saved sample with this to your Electro
Last edited by Schorsch on 16 Sep 2023, 22:40, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Schorsch for the post:
NordinaryDay
Regards Schorsch

Check this awesome website to visualize NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, Uhl X4V-1, 2-manual HX3.4 organ made by Tastendoktor, SL88 Studio
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Germany

Post by FZiegler »

And you don't have the memory protection active on your NE4? You can store programs?
These users thanked the author FZiegler for the post (total 2):
Schorsch, NordinaryDay
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
alex78
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave
Greece

Post by alex78 »

I use the old sample editor with my E4 (v. 2.28) and it works just fine. Having no experience on the latest, I believe there must be a setting regarding the version of the sample (nsmp or nsp3) that you are about to create. By default it might be set to nsmp3 wich is not compatible with your old electro, check if you can change that to nsmp. Also check the memory protection on your keyboard as mentioned, it must be set to off in order to be able to make any changes.
Last edited by alex78 on 17 Sep 2023, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author alex78 for the post:
NordinaryDay
NordinaryDay
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4
Canada

Post by NordinaryDay »

Ah! Thank for these thoughtful replies all. The solution was unbelievably boring and predictable - I misread the dates of the latest Electro update and it turned out firmware WASNT actually up to date - that did the trick.
Lovely (albeit slightly scrappy) pump organ sample nsmp2 file here for your troubles
Attachments
Pump Organ Long.nsmp
(2.81 MiB) Downloaded 47 times