EX5 Brass

Share your complete Nord Stage 2 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.
hyperactive6
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

EX5 Brass

Post by hyperactive6 »

Hi All
I thought the filters on the Yamaha EX5 ABrass were nice so i sampled for the Stage 2. It gives me a decent single velocity ( double layer ) punchy brass sound reminiscent of Ensoniq Pop Brass sound which i liked so much back in the day. Good for doubled lead lines or tight quick brass fills that should easily cut through mix on live gigs. That's the theory anyway. I will test this weekend. Let me know if you like it or if there are any problems as this is my first upload to user forum.

Notes: For my program, I combined Ex5 samples with Nord Sect Sus S-F Brass sample on slot B ( mod wheel for mixture) . If you dont have them you download from nord site or use your own. Very simple program.
Attachments
EX5 ABRASS.ns2p
(547 Bytes) Downloaded 726 times
EX5 ABrass demo.mp3
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 6739 times
EX5 ABrass.nsmp
(8.33 MiB) Downloaded 1074 times
Last edited by hyperactive6 on 12 Jun 2013, 20:30, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author hyperactive6 for the post (total 4):
Mr_-G-, Frantz, tomzi, fuztec25
hyperactive6

Re: EX5 Brass

Post by hyperactive6 »

Just added program file to original post.
chatfd
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by chatfd »

Looks & sounds nice. Wish the NSMP sample was a little smaller. I have Stage 2 Envy, but I'll wait until the next generation come out before splashing in that direction! Thanks for your work!
hyperactive6

Post by hyperactive6 »

Thanks - good point. You may be right as far as the size. i didnt really address the size as I compared programs on the two instruments.

I tend to concentrate the samples in the area on keys that i play the most in order to retain some of the nuances of filters at full velocity. So for brass, i mostly stack clusters in the c3-c4 area. The length of samples could have been shorter in certain areas also. As well i could have worked harder on the loop positions. Nord sample editor makes it so easy, i forget economics sometimes.