Strings

Share your complete Nord Stage programs/patches for the Nord Stage CLASSIC and EX!
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.
bragea

Strings

Post by bragea »

anyone got a good program/patch for a good string sound which they can upload here? I need soft strings which I am going to layer with piano sound.
Last edited by bragea on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
joeljjison

Re: Strings

Post by joeljjison »

I don't know how to upload sounds yet nor do I have a chance to try for a while, but if you have not already solved this,

You want to use a sawtooth wave, and turn down the filter quite a bit, and experiment with the resonance to find what you like. I reckon about a third... (i'm not with my keyboard now, but I have made a string sound for doing the piano and strings, and if you write me back here to remind me, i'll try to post up how to make it properly for you)

And you want to slow down the attack so the sound seeps in like strings...

Its really surprising how good a string sound is achievable... I was shocked too... I use it at church and it beats the piano and strings of the motif quite easily...
Last edited by joeljjison on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
GRod926
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Post by GRod926 »

Reminding you! =o)

Hey joeljjison, would love to see/hear how you've done for your string sound. I've been playing around with some of the factory patches but haven't quite found the right sound.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by GRod926 on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
Johannes
Administrator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by Johannes »

joeljjison wrote:I don't know how to upload sounds yet nor do I have a chance to try for a while, but if you have not already solved this,
If you have any problems uploading patches or MP3s here please PM me! But it should work.

Here are two string patches I use at times, one more "natural" (or less synthetic...) and one more Mellotron-like. Not perfect for sure so would be interested in others' achievements!!
Cheers, Johannes
Attachments
Strings.mp3
(457.14 KiB) Downloaded 5661 times
Tronish Strings.mp3
(544.49 KiB) Downloaded 4843 times
Strings tronish.nspg
(426 Bytes) Downloaded 1005 times
Strings.nspg
(426 Bytes) Downloaded 1617 times
Last edited by Johannes on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author Johannes for the post:
flo2311
titanium
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage EX

Post by titanium »

I have achevied in making a soft synth strings patch!Using full tracking.0 resonace and minimal tweaking.I believe its the best I can get with the synth.
Last edited by titanium on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
Please check out my electronic track idea in the music and keyboard rig forum. :)