Donnie Iris Ah! Leah! Synth patch

Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.
yamahagrand
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Donnie Iris Ah! Leah! Synth patch

Post by yamahagrand »

Hello everyone. I'm curious if any of you have played Ah! Leah! By Donnie Iris. There is a synth patch that hits pretty hard at about 1:35 on the original recording found at YouTube. Can anyone advise what that might have been? I've searched around Google and YouTube and there isn't much of anything of use on this one. It's kind of an obscure one hit wonder but it's catchy for sure. Thanks for any input. Here's a link.
https://youtu.be/Ip9L8IvIsdQ?si=xAeB_sesx-0GOnxu
DJKeys
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Re: Donnie Iris Ah! Leah! Synth patch

Post by DJKeys »

It sounds like different vocal samples with reverb and vibrato. The Nord library has a number of samples that may work for you. In order to reproduce exactly, you would probably have to create a multi sample with the different vocal sounds.

-dj
These users thanked the author DJKeys for the post:
yamahagrand

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
ajstan
Donator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by ajstan »

Are you talking about the pipe organ type sound with the heavy reverb? If so, try the pipe organ 1 model. Rotor in Stop mode. 008888888. Add a thick reverb, some chorus and delay, and use the EQ to roll off the highs.

It’s a starting point, but that should give you the opportunity to tweak and maybe layer a synth patch.
These users thanked the author ajstan for the post:
yamahagrand
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K Gig Camera, Behringer XR18 Mixer
yamahagrand
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Post by yamahagrand »

ajstan wrote:Are you talking about the pipe organ type sound with the heavy reverb? If so, try the pipe organ 1 model. Rotor in Stop mode. 008888888. Add a thick reverb, some chorus and delay, and use the EQ to roll off the highs.

It’s a starting point, but that should give you the opportunity to tweak and maybe layer a synth patch.
Thank you! That was quite helpful. I used this and zero'd in from there.
ajstan
Donator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by ajstan »

That's great to hear. Thanks for letting me know!
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K Gig Camera, Behringer XR18 Mixer