Look for Born to Be Wild Organ Leslie sounds

Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.
reggoboy
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: Look for Born to Be Wild Organ Leslie sounds

Post by reggoboy »

Is it my imagination, or is he controlling the speed of the rotor manually?

Normally, people vary between stop/slow/fast, and my NS2 also gives me control of the acceleration rate of the rotor. But I don't think there's a way to use choose the speed to whatever I want with a control pedal, is there?

Or is he not doing that? Does he just have a really slow accelleration, that makes it seem like his speed is just sort of floating around?
These users thanked the author reggoboy for the post:
Tasten-Bert
Tasten-Bert
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by Tasten-Bert »

reggoboy wrote:Is it my imagination, or is he controlling the speed of the rotor manually?
Have a look/an ear here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CXddBa2Xw ... lzb2xhdGVk

It sounds all normal to me, as far as the speed variations are concerned. He often switches - chords with fast leslie, the chorus doubling in slow and single note licks often start in fast and very soon change to slow. Quite interesting, thank you for making me search for this.

Cheers from Germany
These users thanked the author Tasten-Bert for the post:
KeyBard
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |
[hr]
... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
reggoboy

Post by reggoboy »

Tasten-Bert wrote:
reggoboy wrote:Is it my imagination, or is he controlling the speed of the rotor manually?
Have a look/an ear here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CXddBa2Xw ... lzb2xhdGVk

It sounds all normal to me, as far as the speed variations are concerned.
Thanks and great link!

Listen to the outro. It sounds somewhere between slow and fast to me…
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by maxpiano »

reggoboy wrote: But I don't think there's a way to use choose the speed to whatever I want with a control pedal, is there?
Actually you can do that on the Nord Stage, if you morph the MW or CtrlPed to the Rotary Speed.
Last edited by maxpiano on 07 Mar 2024, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post:
dmamfmgm
reggoboy

Post by reggoboy »

maxpiano wrote:
reggoboy wrote: But I don't think there's a way to use choose the speed to whatever I want with a control pedal, is there?
Actually you can do that on the Nord Stage, if you morph the MW or CtrlPed to the Rotary Speed.
Oh wow really? I’ll have to try this when I get home. I thought the speeds available for morphing would be the same as the buttons on the panel: slow and fast.
Last edited by reggoboy on 07 Mar 2024, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
reggoboy

Post by reggoboy »

reggoboy wrote:
maxpiano wrote:
Oh wow really? I’ll have to try this when I get home. I thought the speeds available for morphing would be the same as the buttons on the panel: slow and fast.
You're right, it works on my NS2! And since I have a system setting that maps my Control Pedal to Swell (a setting that can't be overridden from a program, and which I also need to control anyway), I mapped Rotary Speed to my Mod Wheel, and bam!

Thanks, maxpiano!