Request: Cars - Shake it up

Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.
jrox1
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Request: Cars - Shake it up

Post by jrox1 »

Does anyone have the synth sounds for The Cars - Shake It Up, for the Stage 3?

Thanks,
jrox
DJKeys
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Re: Request: Cars - Shake it up

Post by DJKeys »

jrox1 wrote:Does anyone have the synth sounds for The Cars - Shake It Up, for the Stage 3?

Thanks,
jrox
Super easy sound to program on the NS3. Just use a square wave with shape to taste in mono with the appropriate amount of glide. Playing the part is not so easy :)

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
ericL
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by ericL »

My band hasn't played this one in a while. I have my Program to share. I'm not sitting with my NS3 now, so I can't remember all the things...there's a fair amount going on to my ears during the intro and verse with a phased clav blended with a transistor organ sound. I have that on the lower half of the split, with the synth lead on the upper part of the split. I have morphs assigned to either the pedal or wheel to change the character of the synth lead...trying to remember how I did it after many months of not playing it.

I can try to put together a video demo in the next few days. In the meantime, enjoy the Program!
Attachments
Shake It Up.ns3f
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 25 times
These users thanked the author ericL for the post (total 4):
NordBanger, dmamfmgm, WannitBBBad, KeyBard
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.
hernjov1
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by hernjov1 »

You can actually set the arpeggio to do square wave sound that plays thru out the song upper scale that will get you close to the original if you don't wanna play all of it. With everything going on you don't notice all the lil notes that differ to the original...Lower scale split with the saw synth part like Eric did to follow the bass line! Used to do this song awhile back...
Nord Stage 3 Compact, Roland AX-7 keyboard guitar. Past keyboards and modules. Roland A-70 Controller, Kurzweil K25OORS Sampler, Roland D-50, Korg NSR5 module, Juno 60, Roland 106, Korg Poly 6, Yamaha DX-7, Hammond B-3 with 122 Leslie...