Foreigner - Long Long Way Intro

Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.
ejwalker
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Foreigner - Long Long Way Intro

Post by ejwalker »

All - I'm looking for how to duplicate the synth sweep in the intro of Foreigner's "Long Long Way".

Looking for settings, samples, etc. Any tips would be helpful. Working on it now but have an audition and any assistance in making this quicker would be helpful as I have so much to focus on.

Thank you!
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Foreigner - Long Long Way Intro

Post by WannitBBBad »

Hello, as you've owned a Stage 2 before this, I assume you know how to set up a synth sound using the MOD ENV filter Attack to slowly "open" the filter and Decay to set the timing of the "close". On the Stage 3, set the MODULATION Mod Env to 10, and Freq starting around 2, to set the range of the sweep you want. Try a classic sawtooth wave (try unison=1) for your sound and a pulse (square) wave on the LFO for the note iteration. To help get you started, I have a program posted here named "LFOFilterSweep" that you can modify. I hope this helps, good luck!
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 22 Jan 2024, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...