Request: synth opening SFX -Steve Miller “Jungle Love”

Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.
1960creativeguy
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Request: synth opening SFX -Steve Miller “Jungle Love”

Post by 1960creativeguy »

Does anyone have the “shooting” SFX synth patch for “Jungle Love” opening sequence? Much appreciated if you could upload in proper format for Stage 3. Thanks so much!
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Re: Request: synth opening SFX -Steve Miller “Jungle Love”

Post by WannitBBBad »

Hello, and welcome to the Forum! I created this sound for my Stage EX years ago but haven't created one for the Stage 3. I chose the "easy button" in this case and used the Nord Sample Editor 4 to create the attached sample that has the intro synth from the soundtrack on E1 (loops at end) and the whistle on F1. The file is in NSMP format and Nord Sound Manager will convert it to NSMP3 format when loading it on your Stage 3. Set up a split for the synth (I placed it at bottom), load the sample, and then use "octave shift" if needed until you have the intro on E and whistle on F. The sample is in mono to save sample space. I hope this helps, good luck to you.
JungleLoveIntro.nsmp
Intro synth and whistle for Steve Miller Band "Jungle Love"
(408.22 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 10 Jan 2024, 00:59, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author WannitBBBad for the post:
1960creativeguy
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
1960creativeguy

Hi WannitBBBad.
I tried to get your original NSMP file to load on my Stage 3 last night. Even the latest version of Sound Manager v7.82 wouldn't recognize it. Kept getting a pop up that NSMP files not accepted. I tried downloading the Nord Sample Editor to see if I could import and convert there, but the NSMP file was "greyed out" and wouldn't import there either. Someone in the user forum said to just rename the NSMP file as a NS3F, but that didn't work either. Any ideas? I'm just getting back to playing the keys after 40 years, and the tech is eluding me. I had a B3 and a Rhodes back then. All analog. I just auditioned and got into a Steve Miller Tribute band, and I need to get all the synth sounds emulated into my NS3 keys, e.g. the Jungle Love opening synth you have tried to get to me (thanks)..and now synths for "The Window" and "Threshold" (the opening synth song for Jet Airliner). Do you know where I could get these? I'd be willing to pay $$$ because it's beyond my capabilities to program them in the synth section of the Nord myself. Thanks for any help you can give me. ~ST
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Post by WannitBBBad »

Hello,
My original file was a program created for an older Stage EX, which can't be used on a Stage 3. The synth sample I provided today will load onto your Stage 3 using Nord Sound Manager as long as you have available sample memory. Open up NSM, click on the Sample tab, click to be in "organize" mode, and then load the sample into an available memory location. If you have a folder open with the sample file, you can "drag and drop" the file into the location. As a note, you can create NSMP3 sample files using Nord Sample Editor, but you can't edit samples already created if you don't have the original WAV and project files.
Good luck!
These users thanked the author WannitBBBad for the post:
1960creativeguy
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
1960creativeguy

Hey WannitBBBad. Your sample for Jungle Love worked like a charm! Thanks. ST
These users thanked the author 1960creativeguy for the post:
WannitBBBad