Programming a 3-way SPLIT

Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.
1960creativeguy
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Programming a 3-way SPLIT

Post by 1960creativeguy »

Hey all. I've had success with creating a 2 way split on the keyboard (e.g., piano and organ). But last night I tried a 3-way split. All the sounds are synth-generated (a pad, and 2 sfx). Everytime I tried adding the 3rd sound to part of the keyboard, it "cancelled" out one of the other sounds.
I can play one sound on the A bank and one on the B bank, or both together if I select both A & B, but the 3rd synth sound won't go onto the program unless it replaces one of the other 2. Any solutions or instructions? Is there a video or anything on this subject that might help?
Thanks again Nord(ics)!
ST
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Re: Programming a 3-way SPLIT

Post by maxpiano »

You only have 2 Synth sections available on the NS3, A and B, so you can't have "3 Synths" in the same Program
Last edited by maxpiano on 28 Dec 2023, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post:
1960creativeguy
Schorsch
Donator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by Schorsch »

Hi Sean,

welcome to this forum!

I’m not sure what you mean by the 3rd synth sound? You have just 2 synth engines available, one on Panel A and one on Panel B. That gives you 2 synth sounds which you can assign to different split zones of the keyboard, play individually or layer them. You add a piano or organ sound to another split zone, but not a 3rd synth sound from the Nord Stage 3

Edit: Max won the race once again :D
Last edited by Schorsch on 29 Dec 2023, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
1960creativeguy

Post by 1960creativeguy »

got it thanks makes sense