Change the bank name in the user sample

Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.
orlon
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Change the bank name in the user sample

Post by orlon »

Hi!
I have many third party .nsmp samples that have "Misc" banks, but in my NS4 I only have 100 memory locations for each category..how can I change the name of the bank? are there other solutions?
Many thanks
O.
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Change the bank name in the user sample

Post by FZiegler »

You can't change anything on a completed sample.

I have no idea if it would be doable with the help of a hex editor: You'd need to identify the bites used for that setting (maybe by creating your own sample with two different categories only) and then set the correct value. Which you might call reverse engineering and isn't meant to be done with purchased software.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Change the bank name in the user sample

Post by WannitBBBad »

It might be worthwhile contacting Nord (all NS4 owners should) to request that they modify Nord Sound Manager to allow the user to change the category of a sample once loaded in the NS4. Owners can list what they have requested on the NS4 Wish List for Future OS Updates.

When samples are created, certain parameters are modified depending upon the category chosen. My post Synth "Dynamics" set for 25 NSE4 Sample Categories covers them. It's possible that the newer memory design of placing samples in 100-block categories allows the "dynamics" to be automatically set by the memory location than having to read/load the parameters from the sample used, otherwise I have no idea why such a constraint was added. Good luck to you.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...