Help please...! Convert 4 x nsmp to nsmp3 for me?

Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.
spradders
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Help please...! Convert 4 x nsmp to nsmp3 for me?

Post by spradders »

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone with a NS3 could do me a quick favour... there are 4 samples that I need on my NS4 and can't find them as NSMP3 or 4 anywhere. There's a bug in the soundmanager that means you can't convert old nsmp files with the NS4 :wtf:

So I need a NS3 user to do a quick convert of these nsmp to nsmp3 for me :( Anyone willing? I can throw a few $ for a coffee in your direction! And I'll upload my various finished programs here too when I'm done. Thanks so much if you can help.

Samples are attached:
AfricaSample
DX7 Crystal RHD
Get_lucky_robot
sitar-jg

Pleeeeeease??
Attachments
sitar-jg.nsmp
(123.59 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Get_lucky_robot.nsmp
(2.09 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
DX7 Crystal RHD.nsmp
(2.53 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
AfricaSample.nsmp
(901.22 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
cookie
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: Help please...! Convert 4 x nsmp to nsmp3 for me?

Post by cookie »

My first bet was to use the old Nord Sample Converter standalone application to do this but found the link to download the file requires an authentication (nord-stage-forum-f3/trying-to-download- ... 20801.html).
I have the file at home, along with my NS3 (which with NSM will be better for converting to the latest nsmp3 format), therefore will only be able to help you in few hours.

Fred
These users thanked the author cookie for the post:
spradders
spradders
Patch Creator

Post by spradders »

Hey Fred - any help would be massively appreciated! I tried to get the sample converter too but couldn't download it. Or if you share the sample converter I'd happily do it myself... I just can't believe I've bought a new keyboard and there's no way to convert the old samples for it! :/ :(
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by maxpiano »

Here you go sir :-)
Attachments
sitar-jg.nsmp3
(124.36 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Get_lucky_robot.nsmp3
(2.11 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
DX7_Crystal_RHD.nsmp3
(2.56 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
AfricaSample.nsmp3
(910.11 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Last edited by maxpiano on 19 Apr 2023, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post (total 3):
spradders, Berretje, Nordine
spradders
Patch Creator

Post by spradders »

Maxpiano you are a BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING - I can't thank you enough. Really, really appreciate it. I'll try them tonight / tomorrow!

I'm hoping to recreate most of my programs within the next few days / this weekend and then will upload the good ones to the forum. I've got about 50 to do....!

Really, thank you again. And also to Fred (cookie) for his offer.

Going back to my first NS2, it was the shared programs on this forum that tipped me over to buying it. This really is a wonderful resource, all because of the helpful collaborative nature of the people here. (On the downside, you're all also responsible for me spending cash on things like Yamaha and QSC speakers among other things... looking at no-one in particular cphollis :D ).

:yourock: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :yourock:
Last edited by spradders on 19 Apr 2023, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
zippo

Post by zippo »

I’m unaware that it is possible to load nsmp3 files into the Nord Stage 4.

If I try this the Nord Sound Manager will give me an error message:
"File extension for "Harpsichrd Ital sing_CL stereo 3.0" (nsmp3) is not supported by this instrument.
Please use a file of correct type, and try again."
If I could get nsmp3 samples into my NS4 that would be a great help!
Thank you! :-)
Savoy Truffle don't intend a musical revolution but rather to make this world a slightly better place to be – with cleverly arranged, intelligent, stylish and ultimately beautiful pop songs.
http://www.savoy-truffle.de
spradders
Patch Creator

Post by spradders »

Ohhh no... I'm only going by advice I got that said nsmp3 should be ok to go on the NS4. :( I'll try later. I'm really stuck if not....
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by WannitBBBad »

zippo wrote:I’m unaware that it is possible to load nsmp3 files into the Nord Stage 4.

If I try this the Nord Sound Manager will give me an error message:
"File extension for "Harpsichrd Ital sing_CL stereo 3.0" (nsmp3) is not supported by this instrument.
Please use a file of correct type, and try again."
If I could get nsmp3 samples into my NS4 that would be a great help!
Thank you! :-)
Nord Sound Manager will convert "user-created" NSMP3 files to NSMP4, but it will not convert NSMP3 files created by Nord, so you'll need to check the Nord library for the NSMP4 file you need. Note that NSM 7.70 currently has a bug where it will not convert a user-created NSMP file to NSMP4 format for the NS4 but works fine for the Piano 5. Take care.
These users thanked the author WannitBBBad for the post (total 3):
spradders, cookie, zippo
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
cookie
Patch Creator

Post by cookie »

WannitBBBad wrote:Nord Sound Manager will convert "user-created" NSMP3 files to NSMP4, but it will not convert NSMP3 files created by Nord, so you'll need to check the Nord library for the NSMP4 file you need. Note that NSM 7.70 currently has a bug where it will not convert a user-created NSMP file to NSMP4 format for the NS4 but works fine for the Piano 5. Take care.
...makes me smile that today, you have to use the discontinued "Nord Sample Converter" to go from nsmp to nsmp3 and then nsmp3 to nsmp4 using NSM (until they fix the NSM bug) :)

Fred
Last edited by cookie on 19 Apr 2023, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
spradders
Patch Creator

Post by spradders »

maxpiano wrote:Here you go sir :-)
Just to close this off - THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK THEY WORK

Thank you. I'll re-upload things once I've created the setups etc.
SITAR!