Possibility of replacing keybed on C2?

The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum
Aaronjw
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Possibility of replacing keybed on C2?

Post by Aaronjw »

Hi all,

I bought a Nord C2 used off Reverb a year or two ago. I mostly love it, but one of the keys is rather unresponsive and has to be pressed very hard to sound. In addition to this, in general I'm not impressed with the keybed; it's quite stiff compared to a real B3 or my Roland VR700, and the keys are very loud and clacky. Not that big a deal, but if I'm practicing something like a French toccata with a lot of repeating 16th notes (I'm mainly a classical organist, just dabbling in the B3 side of things, hence my interest in the C2 with it's pipe organ setting) it can get absolutely exhausting pretty quickly.

So my question is, what is the possibility of having the keybeds of both manuals replaced entirely with something with better action? Is this possible at all? Would it be insanely expensive? Or is it possible for the action on these keybeds to be altered? And if so is it possible to have just the one faulty key replaced?
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Possibility of replacing keybed on C2?

Post by maxpiano »

For the key that is not working well, it may just be a matter of cleaning the contacts.

About the stiffness, you may check this older discussion nord-electro-forum-f9/changing-return-s ... 20026.html
Aaronjw
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Post by Aaronjw »

That's definitely interesting. Do you have any idea if the springs are the for the Electro and the C2? Those M-Audio Keystations are pretty cheap so it'd be viable to find two and salvage the springs for the Nord but I'd hate to spend the money and go through the trouble if they're the wrong part.
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by maxpiano »

The keybed on Electro and C2 is the same (Fatar TP8O) so also the springs should; but I suggest you contact the forumer who did that modification and ask for details to him directly.
Last edited by maxpiano on 13 Jan 2023, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.