Electro 4 HP

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
thom0720
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Re: Electro 4 HP

Post by thom0720 »

Yeah Alex, I got that same thing, I feel a bit bummed that I just bought the NE3 HP.... Twice the memory, drawbars, much better organ sound, will it be the same price? ...
Nord Wave
Nord Stage 2 compact (yuk)
Korg Minikorg 700s with CV
Elektron Analog Four
Elektron Analog Rytm
Elektron Octatrack
Acid8 x2
Waldorf Pulse 2
Moog Minitaur
Roland JD990
Moog Prodigy
Roland Juno 106
Supernova
Fender Rhodes MK1 73
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

thom0720 wrote:Yeah Alex, I got that same thing, I feel a bit bummed that I just bought the NE3 HP.... Twice the memory, drawbars, much better organ sound, will it be the same price? ...
NE4HP doesn't have drawbars.
Vincelectro
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Post by Vincelectro »

thom0720 wrote:Yeah Alex, I got that same thing, I feel a bit bummed that I just bought the NE3 HP.... Twice the memory, drawbars, much better organ sound, will it be the same price? ...
Me too, Thom. I bought E3HP weeks ago, while I received mine then the new E4HP shown up on Nord Facebook page..
Actually the improvements of the new one doesn't got hold on me much, but if the price is likely the same, I would be really upset.
krelis
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Post by krelis »

Me too, Thom. I bought E3HP weeks ago, while I received mine then the new E4HP shown up on Nord Facebook page..
Actually the improvements of the new one doesn't got hold on me much, but if the price is likely the same, I would be really upset.
I agree, Vincelectro. My E3HP is getting old too fast. I think Nord should not update/improve their products in this way. I would rather see them create a productline of keyboards with significant different features.
Last edited by krelis on 05 Oct 2012, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

krelis wrote: I think Nord should not update/improve their products in this way.
Meanwhile, other people have wished that Nord would bring the new C2D organ engine and/or more memory to the Electro line.

I think all enhancements are good. And no matter when they appear, there will always be people who purchased one day earlier.
Pendagon

Post by Pendagon »

Ok,

I think, it is nothing special, that a manufacturer renew its product line permanently. The list price of the HP 3 is 2.620 EUR and the street price is around 2.200 EUR. The HP 4 will start at 2.850 and the street price will be around 2.500. Then you will have got the gap between the 2 products without bothering the customers.

Cheers,

Alex
maurizione
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Post by maurizione »

I am waiting for the HP 4, but I think I'd keep the HP 3 if had one. Or I'd sell the old and buy the new if I really needed more memory.
My setup: Nord Piano 2 HP, Nord Lead 4
Cute James
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Post by Cute James »

I really hope Clavia introduce a 73-key NE4 with the same semi-weighted action as the the 61-key version, drawfaders, *and* extra memory.
I'd trade up from my NE3 '73 in a heart-beat!

Unfortunately, it looks rather unlikely that this will happen...

Cheers,
James
x
My mind says Kawai, but my heart says Nord.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

Cute James wrote:I really hope Clavia introduce a 73-key NE4 with the same semi-weighted action as the the 61-key version, drawfaders, *and* extra memory.
I'd trade up from my NE3 '73 in a heart-beat!

Unfortunately, it looks rather unlikely that this will happen...
I bet we'll see an NS2 upgrade with the C2D organ sound at some point... then you can add the Ocean Beach drawbars and be all set. Or you could get something arguably as good or better with today's NS2 by getting the Ocean Beach drawbars and a Neo Ventilator. So you can get whatever you want, all it takes is money. ;-) But yes, the NS2+Ocean Beach is the way to get the drawfaders *and* extra memory. Ocean Beach also makes a special drawbar mounting plate just for the NS2-73.

I would not be surprised to see a Nord Stage 2 EX announced early next year, with the C2D organ model and a memory bump.
Cute James
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Post by Cute James »

anotherscott, some interesting suggestions, however I would prefer to have everything integrated into a single board*, rather than rely on external drawbars and Leslie sim. Also, I believe the NR4's B3 sound is improved, with more realistic key-click etc.

Cheers,
James
x

* yes, I realise that I've just contradicted myself in the thread about the pre-amp...
Last edited by Cute James on 09 Oct 2012, 02:29, edited 1 time in total.
My mind says Kawai, but my heart says Nord.