Activating the KB SPLIT

Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.
Crystalmaster

Activating the KB SPLIT

Post by Crystalmaster »

Hallo,

I am new to this forum.
After 50+years of piano live :-), owning several pianos/stage pianos/digital pianos recently I have purchased NP5/73 for my live performances.

Surely this is my best stage piano until now :-). I am still exploring this beauty.

I have a question (perhaps obvious to all of you).
How do I activate the KB SPLIT?

Let say I have 2 pianos selected (one for layer A, and one for Layer B) and they happily play together in a layered fashion,
but I want to blend them around the middle C with some crossfades (one piano for the lower keys and another for the higher keys).

When I press the KB SPLIT button, the KB SPLIT LED turns on, but ONLY for a short periode of time.
Can you please tell me how to do this?
catosim
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Activating the KB SPLIT

Post by catosim »

Hi, and welcome to this forum.

The manual, page 14, explains this quite good: https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/def ... tion-D.pdf
These users thanked the author catosim for the post:
Tracii
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland Jupiter X, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B, Virus Snow
Crystalmaster

Re: Activating the KB SPLIT

Post by Crystalmaster »

catosim wrote:Hi, and welcome to this forum.

The manual, page 14, explains this quite good: https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/def ... tion-D.pdf
Thanks for a fast replay :-).
Yepp, I did not pay attention that each section has its own KB SPLIT button…
and I was trying to activate the KB SPLIT button only in the Program section :facepalm:
Now, all is good.
Last edited by Berretje on 16 Apr 2024, 10:39, edited 5 times in total.