Finally discontinuing the Stage 3?

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
dansnord
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Finally discontinuing the Stage 3?

Post by dansnord »

I see that Sweetwater here in the USA is no longer selling the Stage 3. Other vendors do continue to sell it. But is this the first nail in the Stage 3 coffin? Anyone noticed it disappear from other vendor sites?

Seems like when this does finally happen, the value of a used Stage 3 will temporarily bump up. The Stage 4 has a number of issues (most of which can/will be fixed in software updates but who knows when) that might make a good-condition Stage 3 highly coveted.
docbop
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Finally discontinuing the Stage 3?

Post by docbop »

Everyone's warehouses of Stage 3 are starting to empty.
Spider
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by Spider »

I haven't seen the S3 listed at Thomann or other major EU vendors for months now. It's definitely discontinued, some smaller stores may still have a few in stock, but if you want to grab one of the last ones, hurry up!
Last edited by Spider on 08 Aug 2023, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
cookie
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Post by cookie »

I see the stage 3 still not in the "Legacy" page of the official Nord Website !

Fred
analogika
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by analogika »

cookie wrote:I see the stage 3 still not in the "Legacy" page of the official Nord Website !

Fred
Of all the things to consider during the total shutdown of business Sweden during the summer vacation of July and into early August, updating the website to reflect the legacy status of a product everyone KNOWS has been replaced is probably among the very last two or three items — way below "updating support staff e-mail signatures" and "find suitable location for company Christmas party".

You can assume that the 1.12 update for the Stage 4, released on July 7th, was (incomplete as it was) the very last thing the coding team did before taking off.
Last edited by analogika on 08 Aug 2023, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
dansnord

Post by dansnord »

The Stage 3 is still listed as a current product on the Clavia website. I guess they will take it off at some point, but it's still there now. The Stage 3 Compact and HP76 are no longer being sold new at any major retailer, and used prices have gone way up. You would now pay the same amount for a lightly used Stage 3 Compact or HP76, as a brand new Stage 3 88. Some Stage 3 Compacts are still in stock at random sellers listing them as new for the same price as the 88 key Stage 3 ($4199). You can still get a new Stage 3 88 at Guitar Center, B&H Photo, and several other major retailers. I would think these will dry up soon and all Stage 3 models will officially be gone. The increase in used prices shows that there is a strong demand for a modern Nord Stage at less than Stage 4 prices. I suspect once the Stage 3 88 is completely gone, used prices will tick up even more. Now is probably not the right time to sell your used Stage 3, in case any of you are thinking about this (like I am.)
dansnord

Post by dansnord »

Looks like the last USA major retailer, Guitar Center, is no longer selling the Stage 3 new at the discounted $4,100 price. They had the 88 right up until last week. But today it seems like it is gone. Doesn't appear on their site at all. It's all about the Stage 4 now...
LeftyBass68

Post by LeftyBass68 »

Fond memories of June 2019 when I got a brand new Stage3 HA88 discounted 1200 dollars.At the time the CA dollar still traded at about .85
Worked out to 5600(list price 6100), tax included ,for a 6800 dollar deal.Looks like my investment has held its value and more!Five years this coming June and still worth most of the investment.
Paid as much in 2018 July for the NS3C73,held much of its value, even played to bits! Main convenience is weight,not as robust a build as an HA.Will just keep this one going I hope.
When the Stage3 became available I got the last new Stage2EX88 in stock at the 2017 Boxing Day sale.Made money on that one.Still in brand new condition and worth more every day.
Would ask 800 more than I paid and would sell instantly.I know two people who paid more 'used' for theirs.
Pianos sound as good or better than the Stage3 and the B3 is still more flexible for my needs.Reverb is in fact 'pre' Leslie on my A100.
Played the Nord Stage4 88 at the store and when mine are worn out the 4 will have been around at least five years.At that point mine still worth 60% of what I paid or so.
Buy on sale,wait for the next series to get old has been my modus operandi. And I'm not alone,at least half of Nord owners play the previous series.
Had no trouble getting my asking price for a well kept StageEX88.

I complain about the leslie sim like many,and the 4 synth is not 'dialing in osc2 pitch offsets',may just keep what i have because the pianos work and are built better than any others.
"Why the A100's aren't for sale"......low hours,basically unplayed with as new felts over 60 years old,palmsmears like butter.Scanner vibrato on the 62-63 off the charts great!
No matter who builds a modern digital organ the real deal is still around,just like Yamaha and Steinway pianos. Easy to understand Nord taking a pass.
NS3C NS2EX88 C2D Yamaha MOX8 Behringer Model D (5) Behringer Neutron (5) Roland Lucina AX9 12 Hammonds/Leslies.(BV/BCV/B2/3 A100's/M3/M102 etc.
analogika
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Post by analogika »

Wrong thread?
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
LeftyBass68

Post by LeftyBass68 »

I own lots of Nord,can post on any thread I wish.Until told otherwise by the admins.
Enough has been written by you defending my critique of Nord's obvious lack of interest in improving the organ sounds.
They are NEVER going to address my concerns so I answer by keeping my wallet closed.And my opinions published.
Making YOU happy keeping ME off here ain't gonna happen......
NS3C NS2EX88 C2D Yamaha MOX8 Behringer Model D (5) Behringer Neutron (5) Roland Lucina AX9 12 Hammonds/Leslies.(BV/BCV/B2/3 A100's/M3/M102 etc.