Electro 7 - let it happen!

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
NoDirection
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Re: Electro 7 - let it happen!

Post by NoDirection »

>>> ditch the hideous hp keybed and go with the one they use in the piano 73

A better keybed is also my "Electro 7" wish nr 1. But dont you think that the piano 73 keybed is a little on the heavy side? - both on total weight of keyboard, and for playing organ ?
Nord Stage 2 HA76, Nord Electro 6 HP, Yamaha Montage 6
Rusty Mike
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Post by Rusty Mike »

NoDirection wrote:>>> ditch the hideous hp keybed and go with the one they use in the piano 73

A better keybed is also my "Electro 7" wish nr 1. But dont you think that the piano 73 keybed is a little on the heavy side? - both on total weight of keyboard, and for playing organ ?
The new Fatar TP110 is better feeling/playing than the old TP100 at the same weight. Hopefully Nord will upgrade the action on the next generation Electro HP. We can hope.
Last edited by Rusty Mike on 22 May 2023, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Current Nords: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D 73
Ownership History: Electro 2, Electro 3-73 SW, Electro 3HP, Electro 4D, Stage 2EX 76HP
busterkeys
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Post by busterkeys »

NoDirection wrote:>>> ditch the hideous hp keybed and go with the one they use in the piano 73

heavy, yes - that's just part of the deal when they put lead counter weights in. I would guess most of the people who would buy the piano key version would not be using it mainly for organ sounds, but mainly for piano.
Nord Electro 6
Nord Wave 2
Nord Lead A1
Nord Organ C2
Nord Piano 5 73
Yamaha Motif XS6
Korg Kronos X 73
DSI REV2
JeffLearman
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Post by JeffLearman »

- 8 program buttons instead of 4.
- Velocity layers for user samples.
DaveKeys
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Post by DaveKeys »

I sold my Electro 5 HP73 because of the action.

To ween me back, I'd like to see for the Electro 7 HP73:

A decent Piano action like the Kawai on the Nord Piano for example.
USB over audio
user assignable split points.
DanCasdorph1

Post by DanCasdorph1 »

I'd like to see it be more organ centric with 2 sets of drawbars. Nord cant make it better than the Stage 4 in any way or it will eat stage 4 sales, so I'm just dreaming.
vcfvca

Post by vcfvca »

I posted a controversial idea a while back that Nord could just release an Electro Stage based on the Stage but with only half the power. That is 1 section of Piano, Organ and Synth. You would then be able to upgrade to the full version at a later date. Since that post I see Roland have released an RD-08 stage piano with option of upgrading it to an RD-88 for £300. Could Nord offer similar upgrades? So you could add (unlock) and extra Piano or Synth section?

That woukd akso mean the keybeds are standardised too. Could this be an idea that Nord would consider?
Last edited by vcfvca on 24 Apr 2024, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
harmonizer
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Post by harmonizer »

vcfvca wrote:I posted a controversial idea a while back that Nord could just release an Electro Stage based on the Stage but with only half the power. That is 1 section of Piano, Organ and Synth. You would then be able to upgrade to the full version at a later date. Since that post I see Roland have released an RD-08 stage piano with option of upgrading it to an RD-88 for £300. Could Nord offer similar upgrades? So you could add (unlock) and extra Piano or Synth section? .....

It's a very interesting idea, but it would force putting a whole bunch of extra control hardware on the top surface of every "Electro Stage" board.

I also wonder if Nord would face any issues with piracy, either via non-licensed hack installs of a software upgrade, or by improper transplants of "Stage-entitled" hardware or chips into an "Electro Stage" board that did not actually have a properly licensed entitlement. Someone is almost sure to figure out how to hack such a system. And I don't think Nord could afford such a threat.
cgrafx
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by cgrafx »

vcfvca wrote:I posted a controversial idea a while back that Nord could just release an Electro Stage based on the Stage but with only half the power. That is 1 section of Piano, Organ and Synth. You would then be able to upgrade to the full version at a later date. Since that post I see Roland have released an RD-08 stage piano with option of upgrading it to an RD-88 for £300. Could Nord offer similar upgrades? So you could add (unlock) and extra Piano or Synth section?

That woukd akso mean the keybeds are standardised too. Could this be an idea that Nord would consider?

There is no practical way for Nord to do this. The stage literally has multiple redundant DSP chips to run the multiple sound engines, and each of those has its own memory. So you'd be paying for the physical hardware of a Stage which would significantly increase the cost of the Electro, so some subset of people could upgrade in the future.
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey
Gambold

Post by Gambold »

I think the Electro has run its course. Clavia has stopped development of organ engines and terminated their organ board line - and what is the Electro, other than the Piano with an added organ section?

In other words, the only reason to buy an Electro INSTEAD of a Piano is because you want the Hammond to go along with it. You are also not a regular Hammond player, or else you'd have a dedicated Hammond clone, like one made by Crumar or Hammond itself. You are a universal keyboard player who uses the Hammond sometimes, and probably a lot less than you think you do. Go ahead, count your presets, look at your setlists - my bet is your Hammond stuff is 20% or less.

Clavia knows this, which is why they aren't putting a lot of work into the Hammond side of the Electro. There just aren't enough Hammond-heads out there who don't already own a dedicated organ clone.

i would rather see a "Piano Lite" that has some of the features and memory scaled back but sports an entry-level (for Nord) price - in the low $2000s. Imagine that, a Nord for $2250...a perfect gateway for new and future users to eventually move up to a full Piano, a Grand, or a Stage. As for the Electro - sure, release another one with maybe more memory if you can, but feature-wise it has "evolved out." You aren't going to get a color display or a redesigned preset system or anything really different - that would have to appear on a Stage first and as we know, nothing really new showed up on the Stage 4.
Last edited by Gambold on 25 Apr 2024, 02:12, edited 5 times in total.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth