April is about to end, and no new product release.

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards.
DJKeys
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Re: April is about to end, and no new product release.

Post by DJKeys »

Deleted.

-dj
Last edited by DJKeys on 29 Apr 2022, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
Gambold
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Post by Gambold »

>I felt like sharing my experience and my approach to gear issues would be welcome. I hope we can collaborate to resolve this conflict in peace.<

Sure, but when you say things like this you aren't sharing experiences. You are being dismissive and rude:

"There must be something better to do than wait for some new thing to suddenly appear and make all tour problems go away."

So I called you on it. Believe me, if I had said this there are people on this board who would have piled on me far more angrily. They know who they are :)
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth
Elias

Post by Elias »

Gambold wrote:Sure, but when you say things like this you aren't sharing experiences. You are being dismissive and rude:
"There must be something better to do than wait for some new thing to suddenly appear and make all tour problems go away."
So I called you on it. Believe me, if I had said this there are people on this board who would have piled on me far more angrily. They know who they are :)
Ok. So what happened is that my intention and your interpretation did not match. I apologise if my message felt rude and dismissive. Some of it may be just frustration, that came out hostile. I can surely appreciate direct and honest language, which you used right here. The main problem is that written words on a forum leave out all the non verbal communication. I'm sure you did not mean to be rude either, so it's all good.

The frustration and the experience I was trying to share: I regret having spent countless hours scrolling through internet market places, retailer websites, and youtube reviews looking for gear. I knew it was useless, and I knew that just enjoying music with other people would have been better use of my finite days here on Earth.

Time to move on.

PS. Gambold, we'd probably get along pretty well in person.
Last edited by Elias on 30 Apr 2022, 16:17, edited 4 times in total.
These users thanked the author Elias for the post:
analogika
User-created Stage 2/3 file viewer: https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
Art is a great excuse to meet another human.
Gambold

Post by Gambold »

Selah!

Now back to the OP's original thought - which is should he wait for an update to the Electro or not? And if so, where is it and what could it have? I think the consensus is that who knows where it is, and when it comes out, if it ever does, it's probably not going to have been worth waiting for.

Nord is in danger of getting a little long in the tooth. Their product line is small and very good - but things aren't changing much. The Nord Grand is the only truly "new" item they've released in a long time and it's a totally boutique board - expensive, heavy, and destined to have limited appeal.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth
MarkJames

Post by MarkJames »

Gambold wrote:Selah!

Now back to the OP's original thought - which is should he wait for an update to the Electro or not? And if so, where is it and what could it have? I think the consensus is that who knows where it is, and when it comes out, if it ever does, it's probably not going to have been worth waiting for.

Nord is in danger of getting a little long in the tooth. Their product line is small and very good - but things aren't changing much. The Nord Grand is the only truly "new" item they've released in a long time and it's a totally boutique board - expensive, heavy, and destined to have limited appeal.
I’d argue the Wave 2 is “new enough” as it’s a major change from the original. My concern as an owner is that it doesn’t seem to be getting a lot of attention.
Nord Piano 4
Nord Stage 3 Compact
Nord Wave 2
Sequential Prophet Rev 2
Mac Mini rack w/Gig Performer
Roland Integra-7
Yamaha Motif Rack XS
Behringer XR-18
MioXL
Gambold

Post by Gambold »

Problem with the Wave 2 is that it's hugely expensive. Unless you are full-time, successful synth musician, or the manager of a well-hired recording studio, you probably aren't in the market for a Wave 2. Most keyboardists don't have the skills and education needed to really master an instrument like that.

I'd guess that the bulk of keyboard players are people like me who buy something like an UNO for for 3-4 hundred bucks which pretty much handles all the arpeggiation and square lead sounds I need. I mean the Wave 2 is going to be over $3,000 after tax - that's a lot of jack for a synth.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth
Mrniceguy76

Post by Mrniceguy76 »

I've just ordered a NS3 compact :) My distributor who has a direct contact with Nord sales department said that Nord is having obviously major supply problems and they focus on delivering current products to customers. If i am lucky it will arrive in June, if not probably in October. They said that it is almost impossible that they will announce new products this year... Sample Library 4.0 is still not available so they must be working on the software side of things rather than developing a new hardware.
Synth Nerd

Post by Synth Nerd »

Angelo5000 wrote:April is about to end and I was hopping that Nord release the new Electro 7. I don't want to buy the electro 6 and then right after.. the Electro 7. That is what happen when I bought the 4. oh well

Nord are at Superbooth 2022 in May so chances are they might have some new product on the way?

:keyboard:
MarkJames

Post by MarkJames »

Gambold wrote:Problem with the Wave 2 is that it's hugely expensive. Unless you are full-time, successful synth musician, or the manager of a well-hired recording studio, you probably aren't in the market for a Wave 2. Most keyboardists don't have the skills and education needed to really master an instrument like that.

I'd guess that the bulk of keyboard players are people like me who buy something like an UNO for for 3-4 hundred bucks which pretty much handles all the arpeggiation and square lead sounds I need. I mean the Wave 2 is going to be over $3,000 after tax - that's a lot of jack for a synth.
The price increases haven’t helped. I got mine for $2100+tax new last summer. That puts it in a much more competitive place given its quality keybed and features.
Nord Piano 4
Nord Stage 3 Compact
Nord Wave 2
Sequential Prophet Rev 2
Mac Mini rack w/Gig Performer
Roland Integra-7
Yamaha Motif Rack XS
Behringer XR-18
MioXL
Hlaalu

Post by Hlaalu »

Gambold wrote:Problem with the Wave 2 is that it's hugely expensive. Unless you are full-time, successful synth musician, or the manager of a well-hired recording studio, you probably aren't in the market for a Wave 2. Most keyboardists don't have the skills and education needed to really master an instrument like that.
It seems to me the Wave 2 is still less expensive than the many Prophets and Moogs... I don't think the problem is money when it comes to a product like this, relatively speaking. If the Wave 2 sells less than the other synths (and that's a big "if" since we don't know), the reason could be elsewhere.
Gambold wrote: I'd guess that the bulk of keyboard players are people like me who buy something like an UNO for for 3-4 hundred bucks which pretty much handles all the arpeggiation and square lead sounds I need. I mean the Wave 2 is going to be over $3,000 after tax - that's a lot of jack for a synth.
Here in EU the Wave 2 is € 2,500 after tax, which is € 1,500 cheaper than the Stage 3 88 (by the way I paid € 500 less a couple of years ago when i got mine). Anyway you can make the synth market as a niche within a niche as you wish, but when the numbers are high, that's still a lot of people.