Nord C2D press release and pics

The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum
Mooser
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Re: Nord C2D press release and pics

Post by Mooser »

"isn't so much about making you want to sell your instrument and buy the C2D"

Wait a minute, you can actually sell older-model keyboards you don't want anymore? I did not know that! I've tried giving them to some kids on the block, but they just laugh, and chide me for trying to get out of paying the recycling fee.
And for your information, I did not buy my C2 because of how it sounded, I bought it because I thought the draw-button LEDS were the coolest things I'd ever seen. I've never actually played the thing. I've looked all over the top panel and can't find the on/off switch, anyway.

And you still haven't told me what the "real" drawbars do when one switches organs or programs. Are there LEDs there, too?

Well, it's not my problem. If Clavia has the resources to deal with suits claiming damages for carpal tunnel syndrome, impotence, taphephobia, memory loss, nostophobia, marital dissolution, swollen joints, circulatory problems, melophobia.
and vertigo associated with excessive drawbar use, more power to 'em, says I. If you can't go more than four measures without adjusting your drawbars, call your physician immediately.

Come to think of it, the only new thing I ever got which hasn't been immediately superseded by a better model, or reduced in price, is my wife. Her first husband tried to trade her in, and got a .25 caliber slug near the femoral artery for his efforts. I'll stick with her, and my C2. Drawbuttons forever!
Last edited by Mooser on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Farfisameister
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2

Post by Farfisameister »

I don't expect a 'lifetime' of upgrades for free but.... my upgrade experience with my Nord electro 3 has been incredibly good. Most of the sounds in my E3 have been replaced with upgrades provided by Nord for which I am extremely grateful. This is the company I remember; not some greedy Swiss bank. I don't need upgrades on the order of the E3 for my C2 but a tweak or two possibly to include the new Leslie model and as few changes to the percussion? They couldn't have done that? Their best shot was to include a flippin' pipe organ? Who cares about that?

Anyway, for playing live thru a real Leslie (I use a Leslie 3300) the C2 is still quite wonderful. There's a direct 11 pin connection from the organ which the SK2 does not have. The C2 was a noticeable improvement over the C1 and I'm glad I own it but - if you don't plan to use an external Leslie - the Hammond SK2 is better. And, the SK2 has very good acoustic piano, 2 Rhodes, 2 Wurlitzer 200a's, a bunch of clavinet D-6's, etc. which you can play on a separate manual of your choice. I guarantee Nord will do the same thing after they've gouged the 'real drawbar' crowd for the C2D.
Last edited by Farfisameister on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Stage 2 Ex, Nord C2, Electro 3, Yamaha C7, Vintage Vibe 73 piano, Crumar Mojo, Leslie 3300, Wurlitzer 200A, Rhodes 73 Suitcase, Clavinet D6, Hohner Pianet T, Vox Continental, Vox Super Continental, Gibson K-101, Yamaha YC25D organ
Michael Wright
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Post by Michael Wright »

One thing is certain. The announcement of this instrument has surely lit up the organ board like.....well Drawbutton LED's :o
Last edited by Michael Wright on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member
Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by Hanon_CTS »

Mooser wrote:Wait a minute, you can actually sell older-model keyboards you don't want anymore? I did not know that! I've tried giving them to some kids on the block, but they just laugh, and chide me for trying to get out of paying the recycling fee.
And for your information, I did not buy my C2 because of how it sounded, I bought it because I thought the draw-button LEDS were the coolest things I'd ever seen. I've never actually played the thing. I've looked all over the top panel and can't find the on/off switch, anyway.

And you still haven't told me what the "real" drawbars do
Now don't you feel better for having got that off your chest ;)

I'm sure Nord will find this all very interesting stuff when they get back to reading the forums in a couple of months.
But first, a couple of C2D OS "bugfix" updates :mrgreen:
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
DanielD71
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by DanielD71 »

Hello,
3499$ US is the anticipate price for the Nord C2D (reporting from this interview with Nord and SoundOnSound at Namm2012)

Regards,
Last edited by DanielD71 on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Daniel
Mooser

Post by Mooser »

"3499$ US is the anticipate price for the Nord C2D (reporting from this interview with Nord and SoundOnSound at Namm2012)"

Are you flippin kidding me! Nord cannot be that stupid, can they? You are telling me that the C2D will end up selling for flippin' less than a C2 at the major music equipment retailers? In fact, I do believe the list price of a C2 is 3600 or so and they sell for aropund 3000.
That is marketing death right there. It tells every Nord owner 'you could have had drawbars for the same price, but we simply decided not to give them to you!!'
Well, I could get really mad about this, but I think I'll go down to the studio and toggle through the programs on my C2. Watching those LEDs dance around and switch form always calms me down, and after about a half hour, induces euphoria. And, unlike physical drawbars, it's non-addictive. Not to mention the other health problems associated with drawbars I detailed in my last post. Drawbuttons forever!
Mooser

Post by Mooser »

The C2D is an outrage! I am adamant about this. And when I say "adamant" I mean, well, you know.... adamant! Whatever that means.
Mooser

Post by Mooser »

"I don't need upgrades on the order of the E3 for my C2 but a tweak or two possibly to include the new Leslie model and as few changes to the percussion?"

As I understand it, the only thing which can be downloaded on the C2 (from the web through the USB connection) is changes to the operating system or program settings. The "organ engine" itself cannot be upgraded through the web. That is as I understand it, so somebody smarter and more knowledgeable will have to confirm it.
qtipcore
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Nord C2D press release and pics

Post by qtipcore »

And what is the difference between the operatig system (firmware) and the organ engine? N a d a:-)
It's all done in software...
Last edited by qtipcore on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
WakemanFan
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by WakemanFan »

Mooser wrote:I am adamant about this. And when I say "adamant" I mean, well, you know.... AdamAnt!
Welcome to teh forums Adam!!
Last edited by WakemanFan on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.