Nord Piano 5 [RELEASED]

Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.
anotherscott

Re: Nord Piano 5 [RELEASED]

Post by anotherscott »

Vibrato and unison mode give it notably better synth functions than Electro (along with more sample memory and the ability to split/layer two synth sounds). Though still no portamento, based on the info so far (and of course no pitch bend).

Interesting new approach to "2 of everything" -- Stage series has a single "panel" function which switches you between two sets of layered sounds... but here they give each section its own switchable layer function (and similarly, the effects buttons' LEDs indicate the status for both layers simultaneously, as Spider alluded to). I think this is nicely simpler.

I would guess that a revised Grand based on this feature set is in the offing...
These users thanked the author anotherscott for the post:
Spider
Tasten-Bert
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Re: Nord Piano 5 [release imminent]

Post by Tasten-Bert »

AllanH wrote:in Comparison chart... Advanced Keyboard Split... does that mean selectable at any key?
In the website‘s fotos there are 7 green Split LEDs visible at C - F - C - F - C - F - C

Cheers
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |
[hr]
... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Nord33
Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Post by Nord33 »

Spider wrote:
The reverb section is identical to the Wave 2, looks like this will become the standard on newer Nords. The Bright mode has been around since the Stage3/Electro6/Piano4, but the Booth, Cathedral and Chorale modes were introduced with the Wave 2.
Oh, sorry then, I know about bright option, but I was talking about 5 types instead of just 3. Didn't know that was introduced with wave 2.
These users thanked the author Nord33 for the post:
Spider
Spider
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by Spider »

anotherscott wrote:Interesting new approach to "2 of everything" -- Stage series has a single "panel" function which switches you between two sets of layered sounds... but here they give each section its own switchable layer function (and similarly, the effects buttons' LEDs indicate the status for both layers simultaneously, as Spider alluded to). I think this is nicely simpler.
Yes, having to switch between 2 (or 4, for the Leads) "global" layers/panels with shared controls was a bit awkward because it was impossible to know what was going on in the other layers. This may be a nice improvement: the functionality remains the same, but access to the layers is easier and more visually immediate. Kudos to Clavia for improving on an already good thing!
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by FZiegler »

Nord33 wrote:
FZiegler wrote:
AllanH wrote:Advanced Keyboard Split... does that mean selectable at any key?
I'd presume this reflects only the seamless transition/blending between split zones.
hmm, but I think that NP4 already had that?...
You're right - sorry for that mistake: crossfade already existed. There is no manual for the moment, so we won't know what's advanced with these splits. Why does the program section have a split button, and the piano section does, too?
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by FZiegler »

The price is almost the same as a Stage 3 Compact - for both 73 and 88 keys. One difference: NP5 is with triple pedal, NS3C is without (any).
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
Hlaalu

Post by Hlaalu »

Where did you find the price info?
pspan

Post by pspan »

What will this do to the price of the Piano 4 and Nord Stage? This is my first Nord product release while being in market for a keyboard.
Spider
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by Spider »

I saw 2900€ for the 88 and 2800€ for the 73.
Launch prices which will likely go down a bit, but not much: Nords are never on discount, after a few months you may find them at 100-200 € less than launch price, but that's it.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

FZiegler wrote:Why does the program section have a split button, and the piano section does, too?
Similar to the Electro and Stage models. There is a program-section Split function where you globally enable and define the split points, and then each section has a button to assign the sound to one or more of the resulting key ranges. Though on those other boards, they use the word "zone." If there's something more than a nomenclature change here, we don't know about it yet...