Nord Grand with Nord Wood Stand

Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.
stevei

Re: Nord Grand with Nord Wood Stand

Post by stevei »

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed. Those are the screw heads mine is currently sitting on as it has no holes. I wonder how I got a set of bad brackets as this stand isn't that old. Hoping I can get a set of those brackets as I imagine everything else is eactly. Does your grand hang over the outside just slightly on left and right side? Thanks so much for the help.
Last edited by Berretje on 18 Feb 2020, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author stevei for the post:
musicaldudeist
stevei

Post by stevei »

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed. Those are the screw heads mine is currently sitting on as it has no holes. I wonder how I got a set of bad brackets as this stand isn't that old. Hoping I can get a set of those brackets as I imagine everything else is eactly. Does your grand hang over the outside just slightly on left and right side? Thanks so much for the help.
musicaldudeist
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by musicaldudeist »

I think so, but I’ll double check when I get home.
These users thanked the author musicaldudeist for the post:
stevei
Nord Grand, Nord Wave 2, Yamaha YDP-184, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Studio Logic SL88 Grand, Pianoteq 7 Pro, Garritan CFX, Teenage Engineering OP-1, and a smattering of Ukuleles.
Bach88s

Post by Bach88s »

I had a stand that was bought new and was 1 1/2 years old for my Nord Stage 3. I bought a new Nord Grand just this week and sold off the stage3. Thinking I could mount my grand on the same stand I used for the stage 3. Nope!

When I tried the stand on my grand, it would not work. Holes would not line up. I called Sweetwater and they said with the grand piano, I would need the new Nord version 2 stand. I am thinking the only difference is the plates. And the price is higher for the version 2 over the original stand.

I am going to check out and see if the version two plates can be bought seperate and made to work on the version one stand. Rather than having to buy an expensive stand again, just because holes don't line up. Believe me, I am at the point of almost fabricating some, to save a ton of money!
Last edited by Bach88s on 16 Feb 2020, 06:16, edited 2 times in total.
Bach88s

Post by Bach88s »

musicaldudeist wrote:There are two different versions of the Nord Stand. I got the later and had no issue mounting my Grand on it.

I just found this out as well today. I had the version one stand and went to mount my NORD grand on it and it would not work. I have to make a custom bracket or spend near 700 for a version 2 stand. Why wouldn't they make a compatible bracket with different holes for all the units. Or at least just sell a bracket upgrade kit.
musicaldudeist
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by musicaldudeist »

I don't think the Grand existed when they made the original Nord Wood Stand so they didn't know to put holes there for that one. They would have had to design the Grand bottom for the stand instead, and I'm not sure if there was engineering or design concerns with doing that.
Nord Grand, Nord Wave 2, Yamaha YDP-184, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Studio Logic SL88 Grand, Pianoteq 7 Pro, Garritan CFX, Teenage Engineering OP-1, and a smattering of Ukuleles.
Bach88s

Post by Bach88s »

stevei wrote:Hi!

Anyone else have any issues mounting the Nord Grand onto the Nord wood stand?

I had my Nord Piano 4 on my Nord Wood Stand and it fit like a glove. The screw heads holding the case on the bottom of the Nord piano 4 rested right into the holes on the brackets of the stand which allowed them to recess in and have the brackets be flat on the bottom. The back was perfectly aligned with the stand. However, my Nord Grand seems have the screw heads sitting on the stands metal brackets (not recessed) and the the only way to line up the threaded holes is to have the grand hanging off about 3 inches and not flush with the stand on the back.

Wondering is this is expected and it's not a true fit like the NP4 or if my brackets are different. Not a big issue but when we spend this kind of money I like things to fit as expected.

Thanks so much!

I just went through this with my stage 3 on my original wood stand. Both units were 1.5 years old. I sold the stage 3, and when I went to put the grand on the original stand, it's a different hole pattern.

I found out they do make a version 2 bracket kit and there's a part number for it. I am checking into seeing if it will work on the earlier stand. One way or another I will make it work or fabricate my own brackets. I am not spending near 700 for the version 2 stand and than having the other one that won't work
Bach88s
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Post by Bach88s »

I had a Nord Grand and it would not fit on my version one stand either. I went with a piano 4 and its perfect. But the information I was looking up told me the newer version stand was required for the 4. All I know is it worked and I am happy!
Vivelevin

Post by Vivelevin »

I went through quite a lot of trouble to mount the NG to the wood stand. Like most everyone, i mounted the metal plates to the stand that hold the keyboard and then gazed at them a long time to determine how exactly which screws went where. I made a template of the plate and held it to the keyboard...that helped. I thought the directions were an abomination...terrible. I will never move this keyboard off the stand. It’s there permanently.
stevei

Post by stevei »

I drilled a few new holes in mine. While the woodstand and brackets worked they were slightly misaligned so I was too picky and drilled new holes in my brackets and works great. I didn’t want to buy new brackets.