Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Re: Next model features

Postby DrNoize » 09 Nov 2019, 22:23

wartaler wrote:Hi!
Although I have no complaints about editing my ND2, and like the small form factor, I'm also a big fan of direct access to parameters and (almost) one function per knob, Nord does this very well with their keyboards. However with about 30 parameters and 6 channels (let's add 2 for the next model), you end up with a 8x30 grid of knobs, I would easily get confused.

I was fantasizing about direct access to sound parameters for tone, noise and click, of one channel + 8 channel selection buttons. For direct control over the mix however, I'd suggest 2 or 3 rows of knobs, where things like channel volume, panning, effects etc. can be controlled a bit like a mixing desk.

Of course all knobs should be endless rotary encoders with a ring of LEDs, this will increase the price and size a bit, but I really like them.. Perhaps they can find a more slender model than the type used on their keyboards.

I have my eye on Electra One MIDI controller for the Nord Drum 3p.
https://electra.one
Looks like it's easy to configure and going for more tactile with ND3p sound design.

The author DrNoize was thanked by:
wartaler
DrNoize

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Sponsor

Postby wartaler » 09 Nov 2019, 23:17

wow! that looks amazing!
I'm building something slightly more primitive with the 'Pocket Electronic' from Doepfer
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Postby DrNoize » 11 Nov 2019, 16:44

I contacted Electra One about support for the Nord Drum and now it's on their list of development :)
DrNoize

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Previous

Return to Nord Drum Forum