Present yourself, your keyboard rig and your music, including links to your myspace, band websites, competitions etc.

Re: My journey to acoustic

Postby Ritchie333 » 26 Jun 2019, 23:55

If you ever get a chance to come down to London, pop into any of the major stations, particularly St Pancras, and if a piano's free, sit down and play it. That station has at least three, I've seen one in Marylebone and one in Tottenham Court Road tube station. They're only uprights, and you can't flip a button to get a Hammond sound, but they are entertaining. My kids like having a bash on them too.

More here - https://stpancras.com/about-st-pancras/art-and-music/pianos
Last edited by Ritchie333 on 26 Jun 2019, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
Ritchie333

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Sponsor

Postby Rusty Mike » 27 Jun 2019, 03:30

Ritchie333 wrote:If you ever get a chance to come down to London, pop into any of the major stations, particularly St Pancras, and if a piano's free, sit down and play it. That station has at least three, I've seen one in Marylebone and one in Tottenham Court Road tube station. They're only uprights, and you can't flip a button to get a Hammond sound, but they are entertaining. My kids like having a bash on them too.

More here - https://stpancras.com/about-st-pancras/art-and-music/pianos

Kudos to London for having these. I saw them last year when I was there. Didn’t get a chance to play because they were all occupied, but it was great to see them there, in tune and people having fun with them.

There are a few scattered about Heathrow as well. Nice touch!

Kirsty congratulations on the piano! There is nothing more inspiring than connecting with the the right instrument. May it give you and your family many, many years of joy.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73

The author Rusty Mike was thanked by:
kirsty
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Quai34 » 27 Jun 2019, 08:28

By the way, what size is your baby grand? 1.80m?
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI Prophet 08+Tetra/P12+H9, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby kirsty » 27 Jun 2019, 17:58

Ritchie333 wrote: by Ritchie333 » Yesterday, 22:55

If you ever get a chance to come down to London, pop into any of the major stations, particularly St Pancras, and if a piano's free, sit down and play it. That station has at least three, I've seen one in Marylebone and one in Tottenham Court Road tube station. They're only uprights, and you can't flip a button to get a Hammond sound, but they are entertaining. My kids like having a bash on them too.

Ive had a tinker on those once or twice passing through. The one that Elton John donated was the one I played last :)

I also used to play a Yamaha grand piano when I worked in Leeds city centre most times on my lunch. They have one right in the middle of the Victoria Quarter which has a huge glass dome roof and the sound there was just beautiful.

Quai34 wrote:By the way, what size is your baby grand? 1.80m?

Its 1m57 or 5ft2in, and it actually has a very nice bottom end for a piano of that size. It sounds bigger than it is. There was a Yamaha G2 in the shop, similar size and that sounded very thin in the bass in comparison.

At 1.80 or 6ft i think that would be a bit big to be a baby grand anymore ;)
Last edited by kirsty on 27 Jun 2019, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

Nord Stage 3 HA88
Roland RD64
Young Chang Grand

Gone but not forgotten
- Nord Stage 2 EX 76
- Yamaha CP4
- Nord Piano 2HP
- Kurzweil Artis
- Kurzweil SP4-8
- Roland HP507
kirsty

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby zoomster » 04 Jul 2019, 10:06

What a beautiful story! Nothing surpasses the real thing but then you can always use your Stage 3 together with your new piano. I hope you you enjoy both!

The author zoomster was thanked by:
kirsty
zoomster

Previous

Return to Your Music & Keyboard Rig