This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

New piano White Grand released

Postby cleito » 13 Jun 2019, 19:39

cleito

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

New piano White Grand released

Sponsor

Re: New piano White Grand released

Postby maxpiano » 13 Jun 2019, 19:46

maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby cleito » 13 Jun 2019, 20:53

I have a NS2 sw73 and notice some keys that are sounding a little bit different from others.
I'm using the med version.
The keys sound like with more ambience or with the mic closer.
The keys are D2 D#2 E2 and there are some others that depends on the dynamic of playing above C4 that sound a little different too.
Can someone else confirm this?
The piano is nice, have to try it with the band.
cleito

Postby brbuchanan » 13 Jun 2019, 22:04

How to get more memory to download White Grand xl without deleting a lot of programs to free up the space on the Nord 3 piano. If have to delete programs then what is the best to delete mb wise.
How much does a bank of 25 hold mb.I know most of the pianos are over 100mb, the white update is 223mb the one i want.
brbuchanan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby baekgaard » 13 Jun 2019, 22:08

brbuchanan wrote:How to get more memory to download White Grand xl without deleting a lot of programs to free up the space on the Nord 3 piano. If have to delete programs then what is the best to delete mb wise.
How much does a bank of 25 hold mb.I know most of the pianos are over 100mb, the white update is 223mb the one i want.
Don't delete programs - you need to delete or replace piano samples.

Programs don't take up any real space, but what takes up memory are the piano samples. So find one or a few that you don't need and then delete those (or replace with smaller versions).
Last edited by baekgaard on 13 Jun 2019, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby OrpheusNY » 13 Jun 2019, 22:30

brbuchanan wrote:How to get more memory to download White Grand xl without deleting a lot of programs to free up the space on the Nord 3 piano. If have to delete programs then what is the best to delete mb wise.

My method for trying out a new piano sample (B) is to use the "substitute" function in Sound Manager for the sample I guess is most similar to it (A). If I don't end up liking the new sample I can just substitute the old sample back in, no programs are affected. Or maybe I want to keep sample B in addition to A, then I might end up shuffling things around, like if my original version of A was XL, I substitute the L or M to make room for B. Etc.

But substitute is the key, because it doesn't destroy any programming, just alters it all en masse in a way that easily undoable.
Last edited by OrpheusNY on 13 Jun 2019, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
OrpheusNY

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to General Nord Forum