Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, and the Nord Grand.

Re: Nord grand

Postby HwyStar » 05 Oct 2019, 14:02

No dust cover here. I will double check my box. That may be something that is easy to not see in the shipping materials.
Nord Grand (Yes, I would buy a new one if it was stolen!), Kawai MP11-v1 (Bye Bye!), iMac 2017, Yamaha HS8's, Sennheiser 650, Focusrite 2i4, Pianoteq 6.4.0, Steinway Model A, Mason and Hamlin Model AA, Piano Marvel: 3C
HwyStar

Sponsor

Postby musicaldudeist » 05 Oct 2019, 16:16

I think the dust cover that came in the box of some unboxing videos was a promo item from some European distributor(s). No cover in my box, but I got a Nord rug as a promotional item. Other folks got a 20 oz Yeti Rambler with the Nord logo.
musicaldudeist

Postby drxcm » 11 Oct 2019, 06:36

I have a key on mine which is very noisy on release. Every other key sounds the same. Kind of a clickity click sound on release, bright and loud.
I have contacted my dealer for a response. Bit of a let down, but otherwise everything is fine.
Any knowledgeable people know whether this is an easy mechanical fix vs. a keybed replacement ?

[anchor= ]
Watch on youtube.com
[/anchor]
Last edited by drxcm on 11 Oct 2019, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
drxcm

Postby LewTheKeysGuy » 11 Oct 2019, 10:54

Quick newsflash on Nord Grand OFFICIAL CASE.

Within the last 24 hours or so, I've noticed dealers listing the new Nord Grand Case. Be warned, Dealers are putting false statements in certain advertising, such as backpack straps, etc, also available dates. I have spoken with a rep at Sound Technology UK who has stated that the new case will be available in March 2020 estimated. Please be aware that Nord itself does not make these cases, like the other nord cases, they are made through a chinese company under contract by Nord and as such have to wait for a minimum order spec before production then of course shipping from china usually in a container by boat, to various worldwide distributors.

UK pricing is said to be £350 though dealers are stating £300 and giving people false hope on delivery scales. BE WARNED!

lew
Life is worth living. Do not fear death, accept it and adapt accordingly. Don't worry, All will be fine. "sneeze" That was in N Flat Minor.

The author LewTheKeysGuy was thanked by:
musicaldudeist
LewTheKeysGuy

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Postby Alev66 » 29 Oct 2019, 12:46

drxcm wrote:I have a key on mine which is very noisy on release. Every other key sounds the same. Kind of a clickity click sound on release, bright and loud.
I have contacted my dealer for a response. Bit of a let down, but otherwise everything is fine.
Any knowledgeable people know whether this is an easy mechanical fix vs. a keybed replacement ?

Yes, that is the sound I know of my old Kawai with the RH2 keys, buyers beware!

My reason not to buy the Nord Grand...the Kawai keybed does not work without those noises for a long time...
Alev66

Postby musicaldudeist » 06 Nov 2019, 01:29

Finally got my Nord Wood Stand! Looks great! Got a small ding while in transit, but it's not easily visible while playing.Image
musicaldudeist

Previous

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum