Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, and Nord Piano 4.

Nord Piano 1 VS Nord Piano 2

Postby Guido3 » 13 Feb 2019, 14:21

Just a very quick request. I used to own a NP2 but sold it as I wasn't using most of the features on it. I am considering buying a NP1 as it is just piano. No layering or synth bits (which is what I want really). As I have never played a NP1, does it have the same 'Piano' functionality as the NP2? Memory wise it is the same so on paper it would be ideal for what I need.

Is there anything I am missing? All I want is good quality pianos and EP's.

Cheers.
Guido3

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Nord Piano 1 VS Nord Piano 2

Sponsor

Re: Nord Piano 1 VS Nord Piano 2

Postby sus_4 » 13 Feb 2019, 14:29

Here's the comparison chart from the Nord website: https://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/ ... ison-chart
Nord Stage 2 SW73, Nord Electro 2 61, Behringer Model D, Studiologic SL88, Roli Seaboard Rise/Block, Korg Monologue, Yamaha Reface CP/DX, Lounsberry Tall & Fat / Organ Grinder, Neo Instruments Vent, CPS SS v.3, Behringer Eurolive B1200D-PRO.
sus_4

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Postby Guido3 » 13 Feb 2019, 14:39

Thanks for the reply. I have already looked at comparison charts. On paper, the NP1 would seem to be identical to the NP except for the Synth section and the slightly beefed up FX section. I was just hoping someone would be able to confirm this before I purchased the NP1.

For instance, are the key beds the same?
Guido3

Postby nic cue » 13 Feb 2019, 23:30

Hello,
Yes, the same keybed. I have the np1, it's the same piano section, but without the sample synth section, and less FX. The long release function is available with os update 1.40.
nic cue

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano

Postby cphollis » 14 Feb 2019, 04:31

I don't know your situation (or your finances!) but my NP4 is amazing as a piano, especially through decent amplification. I am in digital piano bliss every time I play the damn thing. More memory means richer samples, and they've finally got the action right. Unlike you, I do a ton with layering and splitting samples, and that bit is quite nice as well.
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 4

Postby Guido3 » 14 Feb 2019, 11:05

cphollis wrote:I don't know your situation (or your finances!) but my NP4 is amazing as a piano, especially through decent amplification. I am in digital piano bliss every time I play the damn thing. More memory means richer samples, and they've finally got the action right. Unlike you, I do a ton with layering and splitting samples, and that bit is quite nice as well.

Finances won’t stretch to a NP4!! Would be overkill for me anyway. I play live and do session work where I can. I use Mainstage as my main sound source. Pianoteq is my go to Piano plug-in but it’s nice to have a stand-alone board sometime (hence the purchase of the NP1).
Guido3

Return to Nord Piano Forum