All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Behringer Stereo Backline Amps

Postby john_nick » 13 Jan 2019, 18:32

I'm considering using backline amp instead of relying on small monitor and rest through FOH PA

Anyone had any experience of the following models please?

Ultratone KXD12PA

Ultratone KXD15

K900FX


Any help appreciated.
john_nick
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 21:21
Location: isle of wight
Country: Great Britain
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Behringer Stereo Backline Amps


Sponsor
 

Re: Behringer Stereo Backline Amps

Postby 23skidoo » 13 Jan 2019, 19:22

I have a strong and vocal dislike of all Behringer products and find their build quality, sound, and levels of noise and distortion personally offensive. You can find much better quality by spending not much more, IMO. But ymmv, and you may not be concerned with anything except lowest price, so take my opinion as you will.
23skidoo
 
Posts: 255
Joined: 27 Nov 2018, 18:58
Country: Canada
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 90 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Re: Behringer Stereo Backline Amps

Postby john_nick » 13 Jan 2019, 21:02

23skidoo wrote:I have a strong and vocal dislike of all Behringer products and find their build quality, sound, and levels of noise and distortion personally offensive. You can find much better quality by spending not much more, IMO. But ymmv, and you may not be concerned with anything except lowest price, so take my opinion as you will.


I appreciate you offering your opinion. The make was suggested to me but I have no knowledge of the products. My criteria is that the amp takes two separate stereo inputs, a stereo feed out to mixing desk, reasonable weight, 30lbs or thereabouts, and fairly compact. Price would be up to £400.

Regards
john_nick
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 21:21
Location: isle of wight
Country: Great Britain
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Re: Behringer Stereo Backline Amps

Postby 23skidoo » 13 Jan 2019, 21:22

I suggest you read our extensive FAQ on this subject, then! accessories-and-amplification-f8/nord-amplification-faq-t16772.html

That should give you some information necessary to ask further detailed questions, and possibly even solve your problem right off.

There are many good PA systems that are suitable as backline amps, more suitable in fact than keyboard or other dedicated-purpose amps may be. You may also want to consider getting any PA you really like and handling the keyboard mixing and FOH sends with a Radial Key Largo which has very good reviews here and can help you also make the switch to IEMs if you are considering that in the future - what you spend on the Key Largo might well be offset by what you could save by forgoing the mixer functionality on the amps/PA. But again, read the FAQ first for a lot of detail, and we've got several other posts around here (linked therein) for you to continue mining the best that we can suggest here, allowing you to focus on detailed questions after your research.

Best,
23skidoo
 
Posts: 255
Joined: 27 Nov 2018, 18:58
Country: Canada
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 90 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Re: Behringer Stereo Backline Amps

Postby kbrkr » 13 Jan 2019, 22:30

23skidoo wrote:I have a strong and vocal dislike of all Behringer products and find their build quality, sound, and levels of noise and distortion personally offensive. You can find much better quality by spending not much more, IMO. But ymmv, and you may not be concerned with anything except lowest price, so take my opinion as you will.


This is such an old fashioned opinion about B products. They have come a LOOOONG way in the past 10-20 years. They have become high quality, high value, and reliable pieces of equipment.

Perhaps you can be much more specific about a single piece of equipment to substantiate your argument, rather than indict an ENTIRE company.
Last edited by kbrkr on 13 Jan 2019, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

The author kbrkr was thanked by 2 members, including:
HervshahnAdamStage2
kbrkr
 
Posts: 246
Joined: 24 May 2017, 04:30
Country: United States of America
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Behringer Stereo Backline Amps

Postby AdamStage2 » 13 Jan 2019, 23:00

kbrkr wrote:
23skidoo wrote:I have a strong and vocal dislike of all Behringer products and find their build quality, sound, and levels of noise and distortion personally offensive. You can find much better quality by spending not much more, IMO. But ymmv, and you may not be concerned with anything except lowest price, so take my opinion as you will.


This is such an old fashioned opinion about B products. They have come a LOOOONG way in the past 10-20 years. They have become high quality, high value, and reliable pieces of equipment.

.



I totally agree.

Behringer have had there day as a cheap and cheerful company with bad QC,I think a lot of people bash them just because it seems an industry standard to slate the company!even though most have little experience with many of the products.

I've had a few Behringer products over the years,never had any problems with anything,they make some rather top notch products now,I've had an X32 Mixing Console for a few years,its been solid and reliable and never let me down and its been gigged with consistently.

The Build quality is top notch on the X32 and the amount of features it has for a digital desk rivals many top end products,infact its pretty much identical to the Midas company equivalent mixing desk since Behringer has acquired a few top spec companies(including Midas)s as well which means they have some great engineers with a lot of high end audio experience and R+D of top spec equipment which has boosted Behringers image for me.

Behringers customer service is also top notch,which has shown they have finally dealt with that poor image they seem to get labelled with.

Infact I have had far more problematic gear from brands like Roland and Korg,of which you wouldn't expect,there customer support is pretty much non existent if you've got problems,I tend to avoid those brands now due to poor support and Quality.

Behringer products have this stigma that most people think because they are cheap to buy they must be poor quality which isn't the case,they are able to mass produce things at a lower cost because they have the facilities to manufacture everything from a component level to finished product,most other companies don't have that luxury or facilities so have to outsource things which raises costs,behringer have a great portfolio of products nowadays!
Last edited by AdamStage2 on 13 Jan 2019, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Lead A1
Nord Lead 3
Nord Lead 4
Nord Stage 2 88
Nord Stage 3 Compact
Nord Wave

The author AdamStage2 was thanked by 2 members, including:
emmrecsHervshahn
User avatar
AdamStage2
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 10 May 2013, 16:27
Country: Great Britain
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 52 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Re: Behringer Stereo Backline Amps

Postby cphollis » 13 Jan 2019, 23:43

I too have had great experiences with all of my Behringer purchases over the last several years. The biggest problem with this question is the low price point. I don't think you're going to find anything acceptable unless you start looking at well-used gear.
User avatar
cphollis
 
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Mar 2013, 20:56
Location: Vero Beach, Fl
Country: United States of America
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 307 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 4

Re: Behringer Stereo Backline Amps

Postby john_nick » 13 Jan 2019, 23:56

23skid. Those FAQs really useful, thanks for the link

Regards
john_nick
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 21:21
Location: isle of wight
Country: Great Britain
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Re: Behringer Stereo Backline Amps

Postby 23skidoo » 14 Jan 2019, 00:24

AdamStage2 wrote:Behringer products have this stigma that most people think because they are cheap to buy they must be poor quality which isn't the case,they are able to mass produce things at a lower cost because they have the facilities to manufacture everything from a component level to finished product


Yes, the fact that they appear to steal most of their designs from other companies certainly cuts down the R&D costs too!

AdamStage2 wrote:behringer have a great portfolio of products nowadays!


You're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to mine, which is based on a wide range of experience with a wide number of their products in a variety of venues.
23skidoo
 
Posts: 255
Joined: 27 Nov 2018, 18:58
Country: Canada
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 90 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1


Return to Accessories and Amplification



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests