DIY Music Stand for NS - Anyone else?

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
HarmenB
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: DIY Music Stand for NS - Anyone else?

Post by HarmenB »

So as a new Stage 3 user I was inspired by this thread to make my own stand and here is my humble result. This is a really low effort build compared to the other nice ones here, more of an adapter than a complete stand but it should be feasible for anyone with 2 left hands to make something like this.
Maybe I'll lacquer it black at some point, but it's more a temporary fix anyway. Still thinking about what to do for a permanent solution as I often use a laptop for gigs as well and it would be nice to have something more stable to put it on.
GNZV6773[1].JPG
GNZV6773[1].JPG (1.76 MiB) Viewed 293 times
The stand itself is from a Kawai CN25. Below it is just some plywood of the same width with 2 holes for the CN25 drilled at a straight angle to the plywood surface, and another 2 holes for pins to the Nord below which are drilled at a slight angle so the whole is tilted backwards a bit.
That's it really.. add 2 pins of the right width through the holes and you're all set. The weird pins I put in are I think from a broken old home appliance I took apart and the heads can now be turned to hold sheet music in place as well.
IMG_0143[1].JPG
IMG_0143[1].JPG (2.5 MiB) Viewed 293 times
IMG_0144[1].JPG
IMG_0144[1].JPG (2.43 MiB) Viewed 293 times