Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Nordrack2 reading other synth’s data

Postby 313ryans » 23 Jun 2018, 20:31

On my PCMCIA card there used to be files for a different synth; probably a quadrasynth or wavestation. I would plug those into my nord an tweak away until i got something useable. I almost always wound up with something unique, often aggressive or spacey, random...and not very nord-like.

Sometimes LEDs for filter, octave, etc. were unlit. The sound characteristics would often change by pressing an unlit parameter.

I have played with pelle’s mode before, and did not get much use out of it.

Is something going on that cannot be duplicated by tweaking native nord patches? I lost 90% of these when my pc card battery ran out...so i am wondering if it is worth the trouble of downloading these files, and also the logistics of organizing the nord files that i want to save.
313ryans

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Nordrack2 reading other synth’s data

Sponsor

Re: Nordrack2 reading other synth’s data

Postby 313ryans » 24 Jun 2018, 19:41

Sorry, the post is kinda rambly. The Nord can read patches from alesis Andromeda, quadrasynths, and some versions of the Korg wavestation. Interesting things happen that remind me of pelle mode.

I got the sysex backup how-to from an earlier post on this page. I remember why I used to have midi ox on my old PC.
313ryans

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum