General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), and Nord Stage 3 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Nord Sample Converter! :D

Postby LewTheKeysGuy » 12 Jan 2020, 15:48

analogika wrote:
LewTheKeysGuy wrote:I can't thank Nord for this because it's BLOCKED! Yet again.

so, I'm going to have to wait until a release is made official. typical.

Uh.

You are annoyed because you can not („no longer“, actually) download a tool that has been obsolete and unnecessary for almost two years now?

Woh, hold your horses...

Nord Sample Converter </> Nord Sample Editor? Don't get me wrong, easy to confuse if the actual information describing such ISN'T THERE. I was under the impression this was a version of NSE being released hence my comment. I thought you would have understood that?

lew
Nord Grand, Stage 3-88 & Piano Monitors, Roland Integra 7, Korg Trinity Rack, ADAM SP5 reference headphones & A3X Monitors.
LewTheKeysGuy

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Sponsor

Postby ajstan » 12 Jan 2020, 17:53

LewTheKeysGuy wrote:
analogika wrote:
LewTheKeysGuy wrote:I can't thank Nord for this because it's BLOCKED! Yet again.

so, I'm going to have to wait until a release is made official. typical.

Uh.

You are annoyed because you can not („no longer“, actually) download a tool that has been obsolete and unnecessary for almost two years now?

Woh, hold your horses...

Nord Sample Converter </> Nord Sample Editor? Don't get me wrong, easy to confuse if the actual information describing such ISN'T THERE. I was under the impression this was a version of NSE being released hence my comment. I thought you would have understood that?

lew

In the early days of the NS3, there was a separate software program called “Nord Sample Converter” to convert 2.0 samples to 3.0 so they would work on the NS3. Clavia has since added automatic conversion to Nord Sound Manager so if you select a 2.0 sample to add to an NS3 (or other Nord instrument that uses the 3.0 format) the 2.0 sample is automatically converted upon downloading to the instrument. Thus, Nord Sample Converter is no longer necessary so it has been removed from the website.
NS3-88, NS3C, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K

The author ajstan was thanked by:
LewTheKeysGuy
ajstan

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby maxpiano » 12 Jan 2020, 22:41

Maybe we should remove this thread too then :mrgreen: (to avoid confusion) ;)

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
taxman
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby cookie » 13 Jan 2020, 10:33

Just too bad Nord didn't include any nsmp3 to nsmp (v2) feature in the Sound Manager.
I understand the sample format is almost quite the same, and we get more and more nsmp3 samples around that we can't test on our older machines.

Fred
cookie
Patch Creator

Postby maxpiano » 13 Jan 2020, 10:35

cookie wrote:Just too bad Nord didn't include any nsmp3 to nsmp (v2) feature in the Sound Manager.
I understand the sample format is almost quite the same, and we get more and more nsmp3 samples around that we can't test on our older machines.

Fred

Fair point, there should be no problem to convert a v3 into a v2, just by ignoring the added info that are included in v3.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
Schorsch
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby Schorsch » 13 Jan 2020, 17:27

maxpiano wrote:
cookie wrote:Just too bad Nord didn't include any nsmp3 to nsmp (v2) feature in the Sound Manager.

Fred

Fair point, there should be no problem to convert a v3 into a v2, just by ignoring the added info that are included in v3.

+1 - would really appreciate this, especially since Sample Editor 3 is out which seems to support nsmp3 creation only (if I'm right). Creating a sample with this and using it on a Stage 2 or others which do not support .nsmp3 is something which I would like to have instead of working with the old sample editor
Last edited by Schorsch on 13 Jan 2020, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

The best in music is not in the notes.

Gear:
Nord Stage 3 Compact
Nord Stage 3 88
Nord Stage 2 EX 88
Yamaha Motif XF7 WH
Radial Key Largo
Neo Ventilator II
Hall of Fame 2
.... and more (GAS :roll: ) ...
Schorsch
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby hernjov1 » 15 Jan 2020, 22:47

Does anyone know if the new Sample editor 3 can Import sampled sounds from Nord keyboards to loop, pitch change, etc?
Last edited by hernjov1 on 15 Jan 2020, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 Compact, Roland A-7 keyboard guitar. Past keyboards and modules. Roland A-70 Controller, Kurzweil RS- 25OO Sampler, Roland D-50, Korg NSR5 module, Juno 60, Roland 106, Korg Poly 6, Yamaha DX-7, Hammond B-3 with 122 Leslie...
hernjov1

Postby cgrafx » 16 Jan 2020, 00:36

If your asking if the sample editor can read nsmp3 files and manipulate them, the answer is no.

The only way to do that would be to load the sample into a physical Nord keyboard and record samples from it to use in the Sample Editor.
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby hernjov1 » 16 Jan 2020, 14:25

Thanks for the info... Appreciate it!
Nord Stage 3 Compact, Roland A-7 keyboard guitar. Past keyboards and modules. Roland A-70 Controller, Kurzweil RS- 25OO Sampler, Roland D-50, Korg NSR5 module, Juno 60, Roland 106, Korg Poly 6, Yamaha DX-7, Hammond B-3 with 122 Leslie...
hernjov1

Postby cookie » 20 Jan 2020, 10:29

maxpiano wrote:

Fred

Could a NS3 user please share few nsmp and their nsmp3 equivalent ?
Idea is to check if there could be an easy way to strip nsmp3 to nsmp format.

Thanks !

Fred
cookie
Patch Creator

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage Forum