List of Nord Stage 3 known issues/bugs

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
baekgaard
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: List of Nord Stage 3 known issues/bugs

Post by baekgaard »

igoragrich: We're trying to help you and figure out what the problem is.

Can you please take the discussion to your other thread (nord-stage-forum-f3/stage-3-latest-os-u ... 19723.html) and once we know what it is and can reproduce it, we will put the summary in here -- OK?

NOTE: This forum is not an official Nord forum! However, once we know what the issue is and possibly can reproduce it, it is easier to report to Nord and for them to fix it. That is how all the other bugs have been squashed out :-) And since it is now summer, most Nord employees probably are on vacation anyway.
Last edited by baekgaard on 10 Jul 2020, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
igoragrich
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by igoragrich »

baekgaard wrote:igoragrich: We're trying to help you and figure out what the problem is.

Can you please take the discussion to your other thread (nord-stage-forum-f3/stage-3-latest-os-u ... 19723.html) and once we know what it is and can reproduce it, we will put the summary in here -- OK?

NOTE: This forum is not an official Nord forum! However, once we know what the issue is and possibly can reproduce it, it is easier to report to Nord and for them to fix it. That is how all the other bugs have been squashed out :-) And since it is now summer, most Nord employees probably are on vacation anyway.
Thanks. I will, I just answer to Hlaalu
Schorsch
Donator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by Schorsch »

For older OS versions just change the version number in the link. The link to download the OS version 2.20 for example is

https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/def ... 0v2.20.zip

It does not work for all previous OS versions but for some
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Hlaalu

Post by Hlaalu »

igoragrich wrote:
baekgaard wrote:igoragrich: We're trying to help you and figure out what the problem is.

Thanks. I will, I just answer to Hlaalu
No problem man. As baekgaard says, let's continue the talk on the other thread then. I am also curious to find out whether this is a bug or not.
Mr. Marko
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Modular

Post by Mr. Marko »

suggestion for feature: Toggle Mode for Leslie Fast / Slow from Aftertouch

currently you have to keep AT depressed to keep fast going...more useful to toggle IMO
NS4 / NS3 / NS-EX / Modular G1 / G2 / G2X / NL3
Basically Too Many Nords to Haul to a Gig
Mr. Marko

Post by Mr. Marko »

I have a patch that is acting strange.

load it after playing another patch and the organ (upper split) responds to pitch bend even though the LED says PB is off.

turn the NS off...and back on with this patch loading on start up and PB is not active on the organ...reselect the patch after playing a different patch and the organ pitch bend bug is back!
Attachments
Eye Without Face.ns3f
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 186 times
Elias

Post by Elias »

Mr. Marko wrote:suggestion for feature: Toggle Mode for Leslie
Friendly reminder: This thread is only for bugs and flaws. There are other a couple of topics for wishlists.
User-created Stage 2/3 file viewer: https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
Art is a great excuse to meet another human.
Hlaalu

Post by Hlaalu »

Mr. Marko wrote:I have a patch that is acting strange.

load it after playing another patch and the organ (upper split) responds to pitch bend even though the LED says PB is off.

turn the NS off...and back on with this patch loading on start up and PB is not active on the organ...reselect the patch after playing a different patch and the organ pitch bend bug is back!
Are you using dualKB mode? There seems to be a bug where organ responds to pitch bend even if the LED is off. I am not sure about the powering off and reload thing though.
Mr. Marko

Post by Mr. Marko »

Hlaalu

The patch is there - no Dual KBD Mode. the patch is stored with no PB on the organ.

for whatever reason the BUG causes the organ to respond to Pitch Bend when the patch loads adter playing another patch.

while playing the patch - I turn PB on and off PB for Organ...PB is ALWAYS ON regardless.

keep the patch loaded - power off the NS3 / power back on and NO PB.

I think this is a seemless patch "load" bug that is somehow ignoring the PB status of the stored patch
Hlaalu

Post by Hlaalu »

Right I hadn't downloaded the patch before commenting. Where did you get that patch from? Did you make it yourself? It would be interesting to find out if other patches containing organ act the same way. If not, "something" is wrong with that patch.

Have you tried creating an identical patch from scratch (same organ settings down to 100%) and see if it acts the same?