Heads Up - New Pianos - Gospel Classics

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards.
Spider
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Re: Heads Up - New Pianos - Gospel Classics

Post by Spider »

Where did that come from?!?
It's dated 2017-01-02, but it's not visible on the main Piano Library page!
dkernohan
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Post by dkernohan »

Looks like a few more have leaked out:

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/mks-20-apiano-1 (edit: this doesn't appear to link to the correct sample, but I found the file here:
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/defa ... 205.1.npno)
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/mks-20-epiano-2
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/mk-80-apiano-1
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/jd-800-crystal

All very specific mid/late 80s sounds of which - it could fairly be said - that if you like this sort of thing then this is the sort of thing you will like.
Last edited by dkernohan on 23 Apr 2018, 16:22, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author dkernohan for the post:
Spider
kirsty
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by kirsty »

I believe this has something to do with the release of the 'Layers Piano' collection.

Nord dont always state what 'piano' they have sampled in the description but the file name itsself usually gives away clues, YaS6, YaC7 etc.

When i downloaded the originally released pianos one was definately labelled up MKS20 as i saved my program as that accordingly - rather like all the file names that are shown in the post above from dkernohan.... The download page seems to look different to how i remember it? i seem to think there was more than just the four that are currently on the layers page but its a while back so i might be mistaken.

Nord Piano 5 73
Yamaha C6 Grand

Gone but not forgotten
Young Chang G157 | Nord Electro 5HP | Nord Stage 3 HA88 | Roland RD-64 | Nord Stage 2 EX 76 | Yamaha CP4 | Nord Piano 2HP | Kurzweil Artis | Kurzweil SP4-8 | Roland HP507
Spider

Post by Spider »

I think they had copyright problems with using the real names of the instruments (Roland especially is VERY protective of its intellectual property), which they bypassed by retiring the original samples and using generic "digital" and "layer" definitions.

Looks like you found the original files, which were somehow left on the site, only without references and a proper download page...

I guess they will not stay there for long, when the guys from Clavia discover we found a way to download them.
If you're interested, better save them asap!
Last edited by Spider on 23 Apr 2018, 21:24, edited 2 times in total.
PScooter63
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Post by PScooter63 »

kirsty wrote:When i downloaded the originally released pianos one was definately labelled up MKS20 as i saved my program as that accordingly - rather like all the file names that are shown in the post above from dkernohan.... The download page seems to look different to how i remember it? i seem to think there was more than just the four that are currently on the layers page but its a while back so i might be mistaken.
The Wayback Machine (Internet archive) only goes as far back as 25-Aug-2017 for the Layers page. At that point, the four samples appear to have been available with the names they are today... granted, that could be a dynamically-created list that points to current content, as opposed to a true archive of objects.
afroskully
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Post by afroskully »

so... have you guys played these yet? how do the mks-20 samples compare to what's currently in the sample library?
AlexNagel
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by AlexNagel »

afroskully wrote:so... have you guys played these yet? how do the mks-20 samples compare to what's currently in the sample library?
They sound great! All four of them. I really like the mks20 samples! Great find, OP!
These users thanked the author AlexNagel for the post:
PScooter63
AlexNagel
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by AlexNagel »

Spider wrote:I think they had copyright problems with using the real names of the instruments (Roland especially is VERY protective of its intellectual property), which they bypassed by retiring the original samples and using generic "digital" and "layer" definitions.

Looks like you found the original files, which were somehow left on the site, only without references and a proper download page...

I guess they will not stay there for long, when the guys from Clavia discover we found a way to download them.
If you're interested, better save them asap!
These four sounds mentioned here are *not* the same as the official "digital" and "layer" sounds. They are a great addition!
Last edited by AlexNagel on 24 Apr 2018, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author AlexNagel for the post:
Spider
kirsty
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by kirsty »

I agree they are Not the same as the current 'Layer' offerings and have a Huge in your face sound. I like them lots :D

Also noting at the time they were labelled as 'L' Large samples... whereas the current 'Layer' Pianos are shown as 'S' Small
Last edited by kirsty on 24 Apr 2018, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author kirsty for the post:
Spider

Nord Piano 5 73
Yamaha C6 Grand

Gone but not forgotten
Young Chang G157 | Nord Electro 5HP | Nord Stage 3 HA88 | Roland RD-64 | Nord Stage 2 EX 76 | Yamaha CP4 | Nord Piano 2HP | Kurzweil Artis | Kurzweil SP4-8 | Roland HP507
Spider

Post by Spider »

AlexNagel wrote: These four sounds mentioned here are *not* the same as the official "digital" and "layer" sounds. They are a great addition!
Yes I know, they're probably the "pure" samples of Roland's digital pianos that were announced as the "Gospel classics" and never released for unexplained reasons. Clavia released instead some layered, modified versions with generic names that would infringe no IP.

I agree they are great, but I wouldn't call them an "addition", considering they are not mentioned anywhere and are buried in hidden pages.
Maybe they are there waiting for official release, but considering they are dated more than one year ago, I'm more inclined to think they're a leftover of the "gospel classics affair", and Clavia clearly didn't want them to be downloadable.
Last edited by Spider on 24 Apr 2018, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.