Outputs problem

Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.
Hlaalu

Re: Outputs problem

Post by Hlaalu »

Have you tried experimenting with mono? In terms of setting the sound to mono and see whether something changes...
Projet Xion
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Post by Projet Xion »

I did not find mono setting, just stereo or "piano left - sample right". It doesn't change anything.
The entire signal from the left output decrease, I don't think it's a question of mono or stereo.
Th
Thanks anyway for your help!
DJKeys
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Post by DJKeys »

Projet Xion wrote:I followed the DjKeys advice : just one cable between the Nord and the first monitor, then the other.
I used at least 5 différents cables with always the same result.
Maybe it could be just a problem with the left out jack plug of the NP4 but I don't want to open the Nord, it's only 2 months old.
I think the chances of a defective output on the Nord are relatively low. Since you tried different cables with the same result, I would buy a can of compressed air, inject it into the output jack, work a cable in and out a number of times and see if that solves the problem. The fact that it is random and intermittent means that there could be some dust or debris preventing the connection from being stable.

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
Projet Xion

Post by Projet Xion »

DJKeys wrote:
Projet Xion wrote:I followed the DjKeys advice : just one cable between the Nord and the first monitor, then the other.
I used at least 5 différents cables with always the same result.
Maybe it could be just a problem with the left out jack plug of the NP4 but I don't want to open the Nord, it's only 2 months old.
I think the chances of a defective output on the Nord are relatively low. Since you tried different cables with the same result, I would buy a can of compressed air, inject it into the output jack, work a cable in and out a number of times and see if that solves the problem. The fact that it is random and intermittent means that there could be some dust or debris preventing the connection from being stable.

-dj
I tried the compressed air with no result.
I would like to try another pair of monitors in order to be sure they are not defective.
But honestly I don't think so : they work fine with any other source than the left out of my Nord.
I guess I will have to call my retailer... :roll:
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Post by DJKeys »

Do you have any pedals or cables plugged in?

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
Projet Xion

Post by Projet Xion »

The only pedal connected to the MP4 is the triple pedal, nothing else.
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Post by DJKeys »

With the same cable, does the Left Output connection feel the same as the right when you push it into the jack?

I know it must be frustrating on a new instrument, can you physically take it to the dealer and have them run the test? If they can reproduce it, they will surely replace it for you-

-dj
Last edited by DJKeys on 07 Nov 2020, 20:04, edited 2 times in total.

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
Tasten-Bert
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by Tasten-Bert »

Hi folks,
right now and from a distance I don‘t have any idea what we could still look at. Sad, but even a two months old instrument can have a fault, that‘s what the warranty is good for. Maybe a technician should have a look at it. I mean, I am still interested - and left with a little hope - in seeing a photo of your jacks and cabling. Fortunately (haha), due to the covid situation, I don‘t have a gig this saturday and lots of other saturdays so I‘m willing to spend the night with you. Good luck to all of us.
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |
[hr]
... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Projet Xion

Post by Projet Xion »

The NP4 is heavy and bulky, I suppose I will have to buy a case (any advise? Maybe the store can lend one to me?).
The store is not far (2 km) but I don't have a car.
Thanks again guys for your help!
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Post by DJKeys »

Projet Xion wrote:The NP4 is heavy and bulky, I suppose I will have to buy a case (any advise? Maybe the store can lend one to me?).
The store is not far (2 km) but I don't have a car.
Thanks again guys for your help!
Maybe find the salesperson you bought the NP 4 from and call him up and explain. Maybe they can send someone over to you with a different monitor to test. Only take 10 minutes to get to your house-

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre