Stand for Nord Stage 4 for home and gigging?

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
Valpurgis
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Norway

Re: Stand for Nord Stage 4 for home and gigging?

Post by Valpurgis »

gitarrenzupfer wrote: 24 May 2024, 22:04 Hello,

I use 2 K&M18810s in the studio. One as a triple stand and one for a Studiologic SL 990pro (40 pounds, 88 keys).

What I love about these stands is that they are completely stable and don't wobble in any way. I could easily stand on the stand without fear of it collapsing.
Not sure if I agree totally, at home I use an 18810 with a Kawai MP11(34kg) on bottom and a NS4 Compact on top. There is some wobbling, not sideways, but to and from maybe due to the rubber feets. An 18950 with extra tier feels totally free of wobbling.
gitarrenzupfer
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1
Germany

Post by gitarrenzupfer »

There is some wobbling, not sideways,
sorry, I thought wobbling was more like "snap up" between the right and left hand when pressing a key firmly
Nord Wave 2, Nord Lead A1, Nord Electro 5D 73 + Studiologic SL990
christianjwagner
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Germany

Post by christianjwagner »

My favourite Stands of all time (and I had MANY) are:
  • The K&M Spider Pro, maybe the baby spider. Looks most professional, and you can buy a vast array of accessories for it (second tier stand is included but "hidden" in the column if you don't need it, the arming /disarming of the 2nd tier is a matter of - I'm not kidding - 5 seconds), such as laptop holders, tablet holders, ... You can see the baby spider in my profile photo. However, maybe not the best solution for home, in case you want to sit down (depends on your preference).
  • The K&M Omega as already stated before. It's rock solid, easy to arm / disarm, and quite sturdy (no problems with a heavy stage piano plus Nord Stage). See a photo in my post of today: (LINK HERE). The stand is not as pretty as the Spider, but very functional, leaves you a lot of space. It's the one I currently use and everyone is happy with it (mostly me). Setting up a second tier is a little less uncomplicated than with the Spider Pro, and you need the accessories.
I was never a fan on the Ultimate Apex - the column just gets in your way at the bottom. And I basically hate X Stands. Seems to have some fans, I am not one of them. It's maybe the easiest and cheapest solution, and I do have one at home. It's been collecting dust in the corner for 3 years now.

My following tips at the end:
  • Don't buy the Electrically adjustable Omega, far too expensive and what I hear a nightmare to transport (no folding feet etc).
  • Don't try to cheap out on the keystand. If you are ready to shell out 4000 USD for a Nord Stage you should be ready to invest 200-300 USD in a decent keyboard stand. Remember: Who buys cheap, buys twice.
  • Consider getting one for the stage, and - maybe a cheaper one - for home. Like that you don't need to arm/disarm and lug around everything. Maybe an X-Stand for your home which you just leave there when you gig.
These users thanked the author christianjwagner for the post:
bestpb9