Nord C2D press release and pics

The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum
flmc59
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C1
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2

Re: Nord C2D press release and pics

Post by flmc59 »

Dear Farfisameister.

I really hope they upgrade the sound improvements to the C2 as well. I own a C2 that I am really happy with. I added my own drawbars to it

What all manufacturers struggle with is how to handle the transition from one model to the next.
When it comes to cars I think we all have come to accept a new model per year. It is not a perfect analogy I know.

In my line of business we have the exact same problem. If you announce to early to are sitting with the old stock - If you announce late you have understandably disappointed customers

How would you have handled the same dilema ?

As for the action on the SK2 the reports on the forums are not in line with your statement. But I haven't tested the SK2. What has been asked is how to activate a high trigpoint. A function that the C1 C2 and C2d has.
Being a tweak freak I somehow like that you can´t tweak to much on the Nords - same as on the B3. I would be tweaking more than playing trying to get that elusive perfect B3 sound.
And the perfect no compromises B3 sound comes with 4 legs weighs 400 or so pounds and a broken back if you want to tour with it. But I would love to have a couple of them.
Just because they sound so good, play so well, has the old hammond smell. And looks majestic.

But since I haul my stuff around all the time then the C2d is the perfect solution for me.

Regards Frederick
Last edited by flmc59 on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
qtipcore
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2
Norway

Nord C2D press release and pics

Post by qtipcore »

You should listen to what is beeing said in the first YouTube video of the C2D (linked somewhere on this forum).
The US distributor states that the C2D is an additional product, the C2 will still be in the line-up.
I would take a breath, give it a month and see what happens....

I'm also bummed out by the fact that the new model isn't announced for the C2 as well, but er all know how this works.
Last edited by qtipcore on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Mooser
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Post by Mooser »

Wait a minute: The C2D does not include the Farfisa, Vox and Pipe organ engines. , does it? Looks like the C2d is "all Hammond" and you trade the physical drawbars for the extra organs.
And I don't like things that stick up on portable instruments either. I don't even like the knobs on the C2, and wish they were a sort of flatter design, a sort of mushroom head.
Last edited by Mooser on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
jazzystu

Post by jazzystu »

That's an interesting point about the knobs.

I think you are right. they are a bit fiddly.

However, imagine minimoog sized knobs and it would ruin the styling.

Like apple, appearance is half the deal with nord.
Last edited by jazzystu on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member
Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by Hanon_CTS »

Mooser wrote:Wait a minute: The C2D does not include the Farfisa, Vox and Pipe organ engines. , does it?
Yes, it does.
This copied from the press release:
Nord Press Release wrote:Naturally, the Nord C2D also includes both the Vox and Farfisa transistor organ simulations and the sampled Baroque Pipe Organ from the acclaimed Nord C2 Combo Organ.
To paraphrase, it's a C2 with drawbars, improved 122 rotary sim, more accurate percussion and keyclick.
Cheers, hanon
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Horacio
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Argentina

Post by Horacio »

As long as capitalism exists, we will continue feeling frustrated with our obsolete hardware that we paid so much money for two weeks ago.
Last edited by Horacio on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Mooser

Post by Mooser »

Okay, Hanon (BTW, great job on all those exercise books) if the C2D has the Vox, Farfisa and Pipe organs, how are the settings handled? As you know, on the C2 the drawbuttons become the Vox drawbars, and become switches for the Farfisa and Pipe organs. Also the drawbutton LED's alway show exactly how the organ is set. How is that handled in the '2D? Are the draw-sliders motorised? If you toggle through the programs, do they skitter all over the place?

And I don't want to get rough about it, but I still have not received a satisfactory answer to why Nord released the C2D the very same same month I bought a C2? Yesterday, I was king of the clone-tones, today, I'm just another guy who doesn't have a C2D. Just when I thought the neighbors would stop laughing cause I carried my C2 around in a cardboard box, too.
Mooser

Post by Mooser »

"However, imagine minimoog sized knobs and it would ruin the styling."

Oh, it's not so much the knobs which are a problem, it's the stained and varnished red side panels. Whenever anybody gets near my rig, I hunch over the keyboard, put my arms over the side-panels, and scream: "Watch the wood, damn it, watch the wood!"
Of course, now that the '2D is here, I don't care anymore. Go ahead, carve your initials in 'em.
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member
Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by Hanon_CTS »

Mooser wrote:if the C2D has the Vox, Farfisa and Pipe organs, how are the settings handled? As you know, on the C2 the drawbuttons become the Vox drawbars, and become switches for the Farfisa and Pipe organs. Also the drawbutton LED's alway show exactly how the organ is set. How is that handled in the '2D? Are the draw-sliders motorised? If you toggle through the programs, do they skitter all over the place?

And I don't want to get rough about it, but I still have not received a satisfactory answer to why Nord released the C2D the very same same month I bought a C2? Yesterday, I was king of the clone-tones, today, I'm just another guy who doesn't have a C2D. Just when I thought the neighbors would stop laughing cause I carried my C2 around in a cardboard box, too.
Hello Mooser,
the Vox, Farfisa and pipe organs are selected and controlled just the same way as the C2.
The drawbars are not motorized.

As to the timing of the release, NAMM is basically the same time each year. The last couple of times I got bit on this was
Korg Polysix > Poly-61
Roland Juno 6 > Juno-60
After this, I usually wait until after NAMM to make purchases, besides, I believe there'll probably be some great deals on the C2 and NP products.

In my opinion, there's not so much merit in running with the "latest and greatest instrument" crowd.
The addition of drawbars to the C2 isn't so much about making you want to sell your instrument and buy the C2D, as it is about taking a larger bite out of the portable organ market in general. The single biggest argument against the C2 has now been nullified.
You were obviously satisfied enough with the C2 sound to overlook it's lack of drawbars.

Cheers, Hanon
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
DanielD71
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Canada

Post by DanielD71 »

Hanon_CTS wrote: In my opinion, there's not so much merit in running with the "latest and greatest instrument" crowd.
The addition of drawbars to the C2 isn't so much about making you want to sell your instrument and buy the C2D, as it is about taking a larger bite out of the portable organ market in general. The single biggest argument against the C2 has now been nullified.
I'm a Hammond XK3C owner (with Neo Ventilator) and when I heard that Nord had made an organ with drawbars, I told my wife that I had to buy another organ. I always love the Nord's Organ Sounds but I choose Hammond because I need drawbars.

Regards,

Daniel
Last edited by DanielD71 on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Daniel