Nord Piano 5 - Are the effects independent per layer?

Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.
joshuanesbit
Posts: 17
Joined: 02 Jun 2024, 17:45
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: Nord Piano 5 - Are the effects independent per layer?

Post by joshuanesbit »

With the nord stage you can save different effects or EQ parameter per programme. Are effects global and apply global,y to the piano regardlesss of programme ?
User avatar
ericL
Patch Creator
Posts: 1252
Joined: 23 Jun 2012, 00:36
12
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3
Has thanked: 466 times
Been thanked: 646 times
United States of America

Re: Nord Piano 5 - Are the effects independent per layer?

Post by ericL »

joshuanesbit wrote: 03 Jul 2024, 19:03 With the nord stage you can save different effects or EQ parameter per programme. Are effects global and apply global,y to the piano regardlesss of programme ?
All effects settings can be saved per program.
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.
joshuanesbit
Posts: 17
Joined: 02 Jun 2024, 17:45
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: Nord Piano 5 - Are the effects independent per layer?

Post by joshuanesbit »

ericL wrote: 03 Jul 2024, 19:53
joshuanesbit wrote: 03 Jul 2024, 19:03 With the nord stage you can save different effects or EQ parameter per programme. Are effects global and apply global,y to the piano regardlesss of programme ?
All effects settings can be saved per program.
So does it work like a catch mode?
User avatar
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Posts: 6451
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 13:29
13
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Location: Italy
Has thanked: 467 times
Been thanked: 2264 times
Italy

Re: Nord Piano 5 - Are the effects independent per layer?

Post by maxpiano »

joshuanesbit wrote: 07 Jul 2024, 11:07
ericL wrote: 03 Jul 2024, 19:53
joshuanesbit wrote: 03 Jul 2024, 19:03 With the nord stage you can save different effects or EQ parameter per programme. Are effects global and apply global,y to the piano regardlesss of programme ?
All effects settings can be saved per program.
So does it work like a catch mode?
Nope, effects settings are saved per Program and recalled when you load it, but as for any other parameter, if you move an effect knob the value will jump to the current knob position (not catch the saved one, if that's what you mean)
joshuanesbit
Posts: 17
Joined: 02 Jun 2024, 17:45
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: Nord Piano 5 - Are the effects independent per layer?

Post by joshuanesbit »

maxpiano wrote: 07 Jul 2024, 11:16
joshuanesbit wrote: 07 Jul 2024, 11:07
ericL wrote: 03 Jul 2024, 19:53

All effects settings can be saved per program.
So does it work like a catch mode?
Nope, effects settings are saved per Program and recalled when you load it, but as for any other parameter, if you move an effect knob the value will jump to the current knob position (not catch the saved one, if that's what you mean)
got it thank you so much
Post Reply