NE5 sample synth accessing trouble

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
fablues
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5
Italy

NE5 sample synth accessing trouble

Post by fablues »

Hi all.

I noticed on my NE5D I could not access any more sample synth positions after C8 (vibes).
If I recall an existing program using e.g. F2 it's ok. It appears on the display and I can play it.
As soon I touch the encoder to browse other sounds, the display switches to position C8, and I am stuck again.

So, I have updated OS to the newest.
It all seemed working well, when, the day after, the same trouble again! :o

Any suggestion?

Thank you

Fablues
(Italy)
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Italy

Re: NE5 sample synth accessing troub

Post by maxpiano »

Hi and welcome to NUF,

Not 100% clear if you are browsing Programs or Synth samples (since you put letters it seems the first case).

In both cases could be a faulty encoder that needs replacement, try to connect the NE to a computer and use Nord Sound Manager to check if all Program locations are not empty and use it lao select programs (or samples), if no problems using NUF but you cannot do the same on ME5 then a faulty encoder is likely.
ziberto
Italy

Post by ziberto »

maxpiano wrote: 09 Jun 2024, 14:19 Hi and welcome to NUF,

Not 100% clear if you are browsing Programs or Synth samples (since you put letters it seems the first case).

In both cases could be a faulty encoder that needs replacement, try to connect the NE to a computer and use Nord Sound Manager to check if all Program locations are not empty and use it lao select programs (or samples), if no problems using NUF but you cannot do the same on ME5 then a faulty encoder is likely.
I think instead he's referring to samples: infact in NE5 the synth samples after the number 99 are called with a letter and a number... A1, A2, A3... C1, C2... C8 (the indicted one) ... ecc...
So I think it's not an encoder problem (because it seems the encoder plays correctly scrolling through the programs), but a software problem... perhaps generated during a samples importing procedure.
I'd try with a factory reset (after a complete backup of programs and samples).
These users thanked the author ziberto for the post:
maxpiano
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Italy

Post by maxpiano »

ziberto wrote: 11 Jun 2024, 11:42

I think instead he's referring to samples: infact in NE5 the synth samples after the number 99 are called with a letter and a number... A1, A2, A3... C1, C2... C8 (the indicted one) ... ecc...
So I think it's not an encoder problem (because it seems the encoder plays correctly scrolling through the programs), but a software problem... perhaps generated during a samples importing procedure.
OK, so it is Samples in fact (thanks for clarifying); nevertheless also on NE5 it is a different encoder than the Programs selection one, right?

In any case I agree that a Factory Reset would be a thing to try (having done a backup of current Programs before, of course) :thumbup:
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post:
ziberto
ziberto
Italy

Post by ziberto »

maxpiano wrote: 11 Jun 2024, 12:42
ziberto wrote: 11 Jun 2024, 11:42

OK, so it is Samples in fact (thanks for clarifying); nevertheless also on NE5 it is a different encoder than the Programs selection one, right?

In any case I agree that a Factory Reset would be a thing to try (having done a backup of current Programs before, of course) :thumbup:
Yes, the econders are different (correct precisation :thumbup: ).
I was wrong when I wrote the programs flowed correctly: the samples flow between 01 and C8 (according to what Fablues writes)... so I think it's not an hardware (encoder) problem.
Let's wait news from Fablues.
ziberto
Italy

Re: NE5 sample synth accessing trouble

Post by ziberto »

... and meanwhile I've no longer my nord electro 5, which I exchanged for a nord stage 3... with some coins, obviously! :mrgreen:
I said that both for the record (and happiness :D), both to communicate if Fablues asks me for some "live" verification, I can't longer do it. :angel: